Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Balancing Radiators

Options
  • 08-10-2009 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Wondering how much a plumber would charge to do this.

Tried to do it myself but only succeded in knocking off the last rad on the loop and cant get it working again

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I would say you will get the plumber to do it as part of an overall service for around 200 Euro

150 for the service and 50 for the balancing.

www.rgii.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

I would say you will get the plumber to do it as part of an overall service for around 200 Euro

150 for the service and 50 for the balancing.

www.rgii.ie

Those figures are way off the wall.

How can you tell which fuel the boiler is burning?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

A plumber would have the whole system balanced in no time and should not take €75 for the lot..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Have another go yourself. Read this and don't worry too much about using a thermometer - follow the other instructions.
    http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html
    Simply, open the lockshield valves fully on the furthest away rads. Close the nearest ones to the boiler almost fully - and have the others somewhere in between
    Unless there is a real problem with the system, you should get it right.
    Jim.

Advertisement