Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

brake disc and shoe

• 08-10-2009 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

is 220 an alright price for front brake discs and shoe fitted for an astra?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

What exactly are you getting done? Front discs (and pads?) and rear shoes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

front dics and pads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes sounds very reasonable. Id imagine the parts would be a good €150plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kelly Madeupski

really good price, are u sure its including vat? to do rr shoes and discs is €330 for a yaris. take that price dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Including labour yes, it's not cheap but you have to have brakes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

has anyone ever bought these types of parts of ebay or are they too crucial a part to risk it? For example a set of pads and disks could have cost me < €60 delivered
    I was in a bit of a rush to get them as i'll be doing a lot of driving this weekend and they were in a bad way. just wondering for future reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Spurious things bought on ebay are usually rubbish. Taking a risk on and induction kit or something might be worth it but I wouldn't take a chance on brakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Onkle wrote: »
    Spurious things bought on ebay are usually rubbish. Taking a risk on and induction kit or something might be worth it but I wouldn't take a chance on brakes
    I bought 4 discs and a full set of pads for my fathers mk4 golf. €95 inc shipping and VAT.
    Discs are grand but pads are sh!te.
    Porsche 911 engines have failed because of spurious oil filters:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I got four sets of Comline dics and pads on ebay and did the work myself.
    About 120 Euro or thereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kelly Madeupski

sounds a bit dodge to me, spurious parts are never a good idea unless you can get them from a good place and they are defo the right size - check the part numbers and ring a dealer and make sure it corresponds to your car. otherwise you cant send them back if ur wrong and if u fit wrong size parts ur f*cked with no comeback!! ru in dublin? City autos on Greenhills rd will get u right spurious parts cheap and they have a database of which parts suits which car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Just done my own font discs & front pads myself recently. Parts from a local motor factors came to €103 including VAT (Quinten Hazell discs and Ferodo pads) + €8 can of brake cleaner. Labour took me about 40mins per side and I was taking it reasonably easy.

Advertisement