Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macroom - vodafone wireless broadband - what's the coverage / signal like

Options
  • 08-10-2009 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

as the title says, I'm looking at moving to Vodafone but need to hear from people that have the same service provider......would be grateful for any / all input (+ve / -ve)......thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

What are you moving from? Are you moving from 3 mobile broadband? If so, I'm not sure if it's going to be worth your while as what I've heard they both use the same network....don't quote me on that though :)

I used to use 3 mobile broadband and my neighbour (in the Hermitage) used Vodafone, we had the same problem...day time signal was fine but post 5 pm it was practically unusable because of the contention rate.

What part of Macroom are you in? Have Eircom not enabled your broadband exchange yet? We got 'proper' broadband in the Hermitage and the Millstreet road some months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I'm on 02 wireless right now but need the mobile bb for work as I'm on the road a chunk of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I used 2 mobile broadband and I am near the Millstreet Road and find it very good. I can't say that I have noticed a difference in speed between day and evening time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

i have the vodafone one and it isnt that bad - but it sucks when it rains. I had to get the vodafone as on the glenties we cant have the eircome, dunno why ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

3 now use their own masts for broadband they used to operate a GPRS AND GSM off vodafone but they cut the agreements to be honest with you if your looking for a fast broadband stick with 3 if you just want for internet browsing try vodafone they are ok steer clear of meteor anyway dont know what o2 is like yet have not tryed it !! heard lately thaat o2 and vodafone are going to be sharing masts to try build up better service against 3 as they now have the fastest speeds in north east regions of ireland but with vodafone and o2 sharing masts now im kinda thinking this will seriously slow down their broadband speeds ??:confused::confused: forgot 2 add vodafone sucks when it rains bad winds /weather the past week or so bad weather around has not been easy to get connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

jay93 wrote: »
    3 now use their own masts for broadband they used to operate a GPRS AND GSM off vodafone but they cut the agreements to be honest with you if your looking for a fast broadband stick with 3 if you just want for internet browsing try vodafone they are ok steer clear of meteor anyway dont know what o2 is like yet have not tryed it !! heard lately thaat o2 and vodafone are going to be sharing masts to try build up better service against 3 as they now have the fastest speeds in north east regions of ireland but with vodafone and o2 sharing masts now im kinda thinking this will seriously slow down their broadband speeds ??:confused::confused: forgot 2 add vodafone sucks when it rains bad winds /weather the past week or so bad weather around has not been easy to get connection

The four networks use the same technology. It depends on masts and numbers in your area. 3 are slow in plenty of areas. And the wind and rain affects them all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

:confused:
    gpf101 wrote: »
    The four networks use the same technology. It depends on masts and numbers in your area. 3 are slow in plenty of areas. And the wind and rain affects them all the same.
    :confused:

yes i know they use the same technology well supposed to anyway by the look of it the 3G with vodafone is worse than GPRS and yes 3 are slow in alot of areas my area is covered by the fastest speeds ive seen 3 go other areas would be slower and say o2 vodafone and meteor might be quicker in other places you just wouldnt know with this midband ¬!!!!!!:confused::confused::p:p:p:p

Advertisement