Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expenses or Robbing the Public Purse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

Deary me. I thought that he resigned! Why is he getting a payoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

back to the expneses issue, i caught a bit of the story where lenihan was promising a fully vouched expenses system, but then there was a comment that this would need lots more people to administer it. How so every company in the country does vouched expenses why would they need more people, theres probably enough peopel doing very little in the dail who can be reallocated, but the unions probably wont allow that.

just despair at this point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

lenihan was promising a fully vouched expenses system, but then there was a comment that this would need lots more people to administer it.

Maybe we've finally found a use for the millions-worth of eVoting machines!

Seriously, though - I heard Lenihan this morning and I didn't think it was possible; my opinion of him DROPPED FURTHER.

His first comment was bull****ting and deflecting, saying that sorting out expenses won't solve the country's issues, which are bigger!!!!

What a ****ing idiotic wanker! WE KNOW it won't solve it, but it's a ****ing start, you ignorant asshole!

Firstly, if the expenses weren't so ridiculous and unaccountable, the amount of screwing the country that you're planning to do can be reduced somewhat - maybe a small amount, but it would be an indication that you're happy to play at least partially fair.

Secondly, arguing that "there's more important things" NOW is ridiculous, because you've been in power for 10 ****ING YEARS.......

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So quit stalling and bull****ting and muddying the water for once, and DO YOUR ****ING JOB!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Lambsbread wrote: »
    Deary me. I thought that he resigned! Why is he getting a payoff?

Because hes a member of Fianna Fail.

The biggest payoff he will get is if the Greens pull the plug on Saturday and he still gets to keep his seat by delaying resignation til Tuesday.

• Advertisement

turgon wrote: »
    Because hes a member of Fianna Fail.

The biggest payoff he will get is if the Greens pull the plug on Saturday and he still gets to keep his seat by delaying resignation til Tuesday.

I'm led to believe that Gilmore has had enough cop-on to pre-empt and block that pathetic stunt....?

Mind you, with Cowen and Lenihan licking O'D's ass and claiming that we have bigger things that we should be looking at instead of questioning wanton and sickening waste, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a "dawn raid on the Park" like that other bollox did in order to stick together and save their buddy's ass..... :mad:

P.S. I just wonder - is this part of what FF are up to ? An added angle to add to any that might possibly prevent the Greens from doing the right thing on Saturday ? "If ye pull the plug, O'Donoghue stays on at the taxpayers' expense, with no accountability, for another 5 years or so, and ye'll be to blame ?"

I know it's not the biggest leverage, but that's how bullies work - like acid rain, attacking from every angle in a minor way....

• Registered Users Posts: 56,023 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You know something, I have never before supported anarchy or rebellion thru violence or force, but this is really really tempting; sickening and abhorrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I cannot believe they didn't even need to provide receipts for their expenses. This can only mean the whole system is a scam.

It am really angry about this.

And the way so many TDs are semi-defending O'Donohue makes me think they're all at it.

It's so disgraceful it makes me want to riot/destroy our political system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

AARRRGH wrote: »

Most of the people who usually do riot are keeping very quiet:rolleyes:.
    We'll have to wait until their social is cut, I guess.

AARRRGH wrote: »

Like our economy, it's already destroyed. And by the same scum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement