Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Case V Income - form 11 help?

• 08-10-2009 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am currently trying to put together returns for a friend who has not declared a rental property since they purchased it in 2004. I have a few quick questions if anyone could help?

1. Case V loses can they be set back against previous gains on case V?
    2. Can they make returns from 2004 – 2008 on one form 11 or do I need one for each year?
    3. Can they claim capital allowances for F&F in the house? (bought before first letting?)
    4. Is there acquisition costs ie solicitor, estate agent etc that can be claimed as an expenses in the first year?
    5. Can you claim the cost of registering with PTB as a rental expense?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me,
    Little Miss Cutie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi Miss Cutie

1) No. I believe they can only be carried forward.
    2) No. Definately not.
    3) I would say yes based on the written down value of the F&F at the time of first letting and you would need to have an itemised list.
    4) No only if in connection with the actual first letting.
    5) yes. and if they are no registered then its no interest deduction

Regards

dbran

Advertisement