Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 unflashable drives?

Options
  • 08-10-2009 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I'm about to buy a new xbox 360 (maybe an elite).
    Are there any drive versions that are currently unflashable?
    If yes is there any way to avoid buying one that is unflashable? (eg. date of manufacture maybe).

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

there are rumours about new LiteOn drives coming out, but as far as I know all xboxes right now have flashable drives, so no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

there's a new batch of liteons that are unflashable as far as i know. There's two different serial codes for liteons, and both were initially flashable, but apparently some of the later ones are unflashable, even though they have the same serial code as some that are. I'm sure it's being worked on though

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Tweeter

Thanks for the input guys.
    I suppose it's just a matter of buying one and taking the chance then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Simple logic, so I could be wrong, but if you bought one with an unflashable drive then as long as you can stick it into vendor mode and get the keys couldn't you just buy another drive and load the keys onto it? Ok, so it's an extra €40 for the other drive but I can't see the problem if you want to flash it that bad :)

Simple logic, so I could be wrong, but if you bought one with an unflashable drive then as long as you can stick it into vendor mode and get the keys couldn't you just buy another drive and load the keys onto it? Ok, so it's an extra €40 for the other drive but I can't see the problem if you want to flash it that bad :)

Most times unflashable = undumpable.

All drives can be flashed, the 1st lite-on could be flashed(with the wrong firmware) many months before it could be dumped.

There is a new lite-on Rev which cannot be done publicly yet, but only a handful which came from repair centres.

Will take months before they filter down to Stores in ireland. By then it should be doable.

C4eva is looking at the new rev for the last few weeks.

So go buy one 99.9% its fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Tweeter

cisk wrote: »
    So go buy one 99.9% its fine.

Thanks for your input. Took the chance and bought an elite off Amazon who are doing free delivery to Ireland at the moment. Worked out at 220 and includes 2 games that you can choose from a list. Should arrive by the end of the week. If it is an unflashable drive, I'll update this thread in case anyone else would like to be warned.

Advertisement