Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

highlights

• 08-10-2009 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi guys, those of you with highlights, just wondering how long ye generally get out of them before you have to get the roots done again? Do you just get the roots done or do you need to get them completely redone? I had them done about four weeks ago and the roots are beginning to grow out which is fine but I find that my hair in general is dull looking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I usually got 6 weeks out of mine. But depends how fast your hair grows.

Its up to yourself really. Sometimes after a month I get them done as I get paid by month and only time i had money:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Hi Keira,

Ye bleach can do that - make it look dull. Do you use serum? If you try using Alfa Parf cristali serum it adds so much shine to the hair - you put it onto damp hair before you blowdry, makes it silky smooth and shiny :)
    Also are you using shampoo and conditioner for highlighted hair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kiera20

Hey idunnoutellme, yep I use shampoo and conditioner for highlighted hair but I'l give the serum a try. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

It depends on your natural hair colour and the difference between that and the highlights. The smaller the difference, the longer you can go between sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

I get about 6-8 weeks out of mine but I really wait til I REALLY need to get them done...in fairness my natural colour isnt dark. I also use that serum and its great. Also , try using a clarifying shampoo - really helps keep your hair bright. I use Redken cleansing cream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 hollyday

6 weeks is the most i get as the roots start looking really greasy and like yours the rest of my hair starts looking really dull. Therefore its a catch 22 situation cuz i cant put serum in because the roots would look even greasier! Also seem to have to wash it a lot more in the last few weeks before getting it done! Oh how being a brunette would be so much easier! :D Im toying with the idea at the mo ;)

Advertisement