Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned by the Christianity Moderator

Options
  • 08-10-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I have been banned by the Christianity Moderator PDN.

I am new to Boards.ie and wanted to gauge the Irish peoples approach to Christianity.

Anyway cut a long story short, PDN feels I do not belong in the discussion.
    I am happy to respect his (or her) view as I am a new member to the website and PDN has considerable experience in the expected tone and content that is appropriate to the web site.

I have been reading some of PDN public comments and the vast majority are well considered and add significantly to the promotion of Christian debate, but some comments I feel deteriorate the Christian ethos of respect.

I call your attention to the text attached to PDN signature.

Definition of TV Evangelism - A case of the bling leading the blind.

In the past I have lived for 2 years in Charlotte, North Carolina, its was there I first made contact with the BBN Bible Institute. BBN stands for Bible Broadcasting Network.

The Bible Broadcasting network helped me to start enjoying studying the Bible.
    I still try to support the ministry as much as I can. Working and studying with Evangelist made me closer to God so I find the comment by PDN hurts my feelings.

Can you ask PDN to refrain for this tag line?

Many Thanks and have a good day.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Winty wrote: »

No.
    He is free to keep that sig imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Hi Beruthiel

Thanks for the reply.

Can you not agree that PDN’s Definition of TV Evangelisms is offensive and cruel to people and yes there are people who take pride in the good work many Churches do across the world?

What about all the free school supplies that churches distribute across the world.

You are allowing PDN to use a term that would be stopped if it were said against Scientologist or Catholics.

Men of God like Rex Humbard, created more light in the darkest than many people will ever come to understand.

Thanks again

Can you not agree that PDN’s Definition of TV Evangelisms is offensive and cruel

I'm an Atheist.
    You do not want to hear my views on what I think of people who believe in any kind of religion.

If PDN's light hearted comment on money grabbing TV Evangelists actually offend someone, I would suggest they go about aquiring a thicker skin.
    I personally think his sig amusing.

Something light would be when a man walks in a bar and breaks his noise, it was an iron Bar.

Funny you will agree.

Picking on a religion by a Christianity moderator is not funny.

Would PDN find it funny if I made a light hearted remark about him living at home with his parents playing world of war craft till 5 am and then sitting at boards.ie all day.

That is not funny and I would never say it.

You said "money grabbing TV Evangelists", how can they do all there good work in the world if they have no money?

All religions raise money, Muslims give 10% of their wage to help others. All good cost money.

Again
    Thank You for your Reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Actually, I'm an evangelical pastor myself. I hardly think I'm rubbishing the work done by churches around the world.

• Advertisement

PDN wrote: »
    Actually, I'm an evangelical pastor myself.

Are you a TV money grabbing one PDN? ;)

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Are you a TV money grabbing one PDN? ;)

Send me €5000 and I'll give you the answer!

Why do I feel I am being treated like a fool.

You are a pastor? Please PM me and I would love to hear you speak this Sunday.

You dont see anything wrong in hurting someone.

Sorry for hurting you.

I knew it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Bling:)

5,ooo is cheap PDN, Tom's crowd charges 250,000, but you do get to go on a luxury yacht.

• Advertisement

I call your attention to the text attached to PDN signature.

Definition of TV Evangelism - A case of the bling leading the blind.

In the past I have lived for 2 years in Charlotte, North Carolina, its was there I first made contact with the BBN Bible Institute. BBN stands for Bible Broadcasting Network.

The Bible Broadcasting network helped me to start enjoying studying the Bible.
    I still try to support the ministry as much as I can. Working and studying with Evangelist made me closer to God so I find the comment by PDN hurts my feelings.

Many Thanks and have a good day.

Btw, I was in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago. A very nice part of the world. I stayed in the South Park area, preached in a local church, and enjoyed the Sunset Jazz festival.

But I am a bit mystified as to what a sig about television evangelists could have to do with the Bible Broadcasting Network. BBN produces radio programmes, not TV. :confused:

I quit

Thanks for all the reply’s but as you have not published all my comments and you are just goading at me I have to give in. You also needed you friends to join in the fight while I was alone.
    I notice over 270 people have look at my comment but only the Moderators and Administrators have comments so I presume the public can’t write their view.

So I quit, you are correct all TV Evangelist’s are evil and don’t merit to sit at the lords side. You say you are a Christian Pastor, can I come and listen? Are you really a Pastor? You don’t have to publish the info you can PM me.

It’s just not nice to pick on people because you don’t understand or agree with the style and format they use to bring people into knowing the lord.
    I made the comment the most people of faith donate money to help the work to continue, can you comment on that. If an Old Catholic lady get pleasure from going to mass on a daily basis is it wrong for her to donate money.
    To finish you looked up trip advisor and pulled out a few facts about Charlotte to make me look foolish, you comment on the BBN was ill-informed and just looking at a few web pages does not make you an expert.
    All said you have opened some great debates on Boards.ie that add to the Christian debate.
    I will pray that with time you will start to respect all people not just ones you want to.

Hi Folks

I have been banned by the Christianity Moderator PDN.

I am new to Boards.ie and wanted to gauge the Irish peoples approach to Christianity.

Anyway cut a long story short, PDN feels I do not belong in the discussion.
    I am happy to respect his (or her) view as I am a new member to the website and PDN has considerable experience in the expected tone and content that is appropriate to the web site.

Just to clarify, Winty, as far as I can see you have never been banned. You received an infraction for spamming (posting the same question in more than one thread) but I don't think you've ever been banned.

Advertisement