Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamon Iberica Ideas

Options
  • 08-10-2009 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys,

A friend of mine was over in Barcelona so I got him to bring back some Iberican ham. Now I like to eat it simplt with some bread and tomatoes but was wondering if anyone else had any other recipes/serving suggestions. I'm in two minds whether to do anything at all with it as it's very nice by itself (and expensive)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Slice thinly, scoff, drink scoff yummmm!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pegs595

Yup.
    It was sliced already when I got it but not as thinly as I would have liked but I'm not going to complain too much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Marinate Monkfish pieces, thread onto kebab sticks and wrap jamon around them then grill, very very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Have you tried it old style with melon? Throw it in at the last minute with some sautee potatoes & garlic.
    Crisp it up in the oven and sprinkle over a salad for a salty bite.
    You can't beat it with toms & bread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Wrap it around foie gras as in a roulade, sear, eat. Crisp it a little and serve with pancakes and maple syrup. But it's really one of those things best eaten as they are, with very little else to interfere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement