Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can you plant now

Options
  • 08-10-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi
    can anyone tell me what you can plant (veggie wise ) at this time of year

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There are some types of onion sets you can sow now, other than that I'm not sure. There's a month by month guide on this site that I find really helpful:

http://www.allotment.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

Now is the time to set garlic, and small onion bulbs to be ready for the spring. (nothing tastes as nice a fresh home grown garlic!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

kale
    cut and come cabbage
    hungry gap cabbage,
    the last 2 are seeds
    just shake them on some prepared ground
    rake them in lightly
    place netting over the lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stanmake

Hi

I just bought a load of veg seeds from http://www.seedaholic.com.
    They had a sowing calender selection, service was really good and they provided loads of information. And best of all, they're Irish..... I bough some Kohl rabi, not sure what it is but it sounded really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Interesting first post. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stanmake

Sorry if it sounded that way, I didn't understand what you meant until I read the PM.

I didn't mean to sound like advertising, I don't know them personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

That's a good resource Stanmake. Hadn't thought about putting a green manure in. Might just do that as I've a good bit of empty ground waiting for the weeds to come up! Are you sure it's an Irish site? The prices seem to be posted in sterling.

Anyway another suggestion they had was broad beans which I might give a lash if I can get them into the ground quick enough.

Advertisement