Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dilemma!

• 08-10-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Here's my dilemma...

I really really enjoy smoking, its up there with my favourite hobbies apart from football and drinking!

Now, where I am falling down is I dont want to give up smoking but I know I should...I dont know if this sounds bizarre to any of you but is there anyone who can recommend some reading or something along them lines that will help change my love of Marlboro Lights to pure hate, enough to make me stop.

Oh and FYI, I give up every year (except for the occasional one when having a drink) from January until Easter Sunday but then go back on them, this is purely for fitness purposes!]

Any help, ideas are are welcome.

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Diddler82 wrote: »
    Here's my dilemma...

I really really enjoy smoking, its up there with my favourite hobbies apart from football and drinking!

Now, where I am falling down is I dont want to give up smoking but I know I should...I dont know if this sounds bizarre to any of you but is there anyone who can recommend some reading or something along them lines that will help change my love of Marlboro Lights to pure hate, enough to make me stop.

Oh and FYI, I give up every year (except for the occasional one when having a drink) from January until Easter Sunday but then go back on them, this is purely for fitness purposes!]

Any help, ideas are are welcome.

Thanks
    Alan

I started reading Cigarette Century by Allan Brandt http://www.cigarettecentury.com/ before i quit, found it very educational.

Advertisement