Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Restaurant

Options
  • 08-10-2009 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Need Help

Ireland play Italy this Saturday at 7:45pm and its our 1 year wedding anniversary on the same day. Disaster altogether. Anyway I need to book a restaurant at 9:30/9:45 that is close to a pub where I can watch the game and then jump next door to a restaurant when its over. Any ideas ? Of course the restaurant would have to be a nice one also.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If you could give us a general location, that would be great. Even a country would help. But a town or city might yield the best answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

And budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bullyakeen

oh yeah sorry, i'll be in dublin city center. staying on dawson street. I dont have a limit on the budget seen that its an anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Well a good place to watch the match is prob what you need. And then look for places near there. I would prob suggest somewhere like Le Mere Zou or Bentleys and then pop down Baggot st to watch the match?

There are loads of decent restaurants in that area (top of the Green/Baggot st): Town Bar & Grill, Bleu bistro, L'Ecrivain, Peploes, Bang, Guildbauds (if you can get a table at short notice!) Unicorn etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Chez Max at the entrance to Dublin castle, straight across the road to Brogans after... sorted. Good luck!!
    Faith wrote: »
    If you could give us a general location, that would be great. Even a country would help. But a town or city might yield the best answers.

Was this not posted in the Dublin city forum initially or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭WhoseView: Michael

olaola wrote: »
    Well a good place to watch the match is prob what you need. And then look for places near there. I would prob suggest somewhere like Le Mere Zou or Bentleys and then pop down Baggot st to watch the match?

There are loads of decent restaurants in that area (top of the Green/Baggot st): Town Bar & Grill, Bleu bistro, L'Ecrivain, Peploes, Bang, Guildbauds (if you can get a table at short notice!) Unicorn etc

Would agree with the above however all of these restaurants are high end though. Try South william st for cheaper options, as plenty of close pubs nearby - Old Stand for example

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

lightening wrote: »
    Was this not posted in the Dublin city forum initially or something?

It was originally posted in Food & Drink, one of my co-mods moved it. I actually missed the title when I first posted :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Faith wrote: »
    It was originally posted in Food & Drink, one of my co-mods moved it. I actually missed the title when I first posted :o.

My fault, sorry.

I thought it might be better suited to the Dublin City Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Minor point if it's not too late - kick off is actually 8pm, so you're looking at 9.53 or so before it's finished.

Advertisement