Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range SI Seminar

Options
  • 08-10-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

My invitation got sent to the wrong address :( Anyone got any notes or news from yesterday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Mr Mole

Hi Sparks.

The Range Seminar was extremely helpful. It was broken generally into three segments,

1. A presentation on Safety aspects concerning Ranges.

2. An excellent presentation / discussion followed by a question and answer session led by Mr John Guinane.

2. An Open Forum where there was, as the host Mr. Lyall Plant said, an opportunity to address any current issues of concern.

There is too much to post here, however all queries and more were addressed by John to the satisfaction of those who submitted them, and hopefully to the benefit to others who attended as well.

Personally, I must give credit to John who fielded some quite contentious issues in his role as the representative of his Department and as a Public Servant, that is, acting for us, the Public.

Further thanks to Lyall Plant and Countryside Alliance for hosting the event.

My Club is extremely fortunate in having an open, trusting and frank relationship with John, that has I believe benefitted us mutually in identifying and dealing with many issues.

Quite worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mr Mole wrote: »
    Quite worthwhile.
    Thought it would be on reading the invitation - but because of the addressing snafu, I received it far too late to block out the time and attend :(

We really should learn to announce these things better!

Advertisement