Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you trust with your hair? I need advice!

• 08-10-2009 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure what to do on this one!

I've been going to house of colour for years, but recently my current hairdresser left and I had to see another girl on my last apt. I was really nervous about someone else doing my hair as the last time I've had someone mess up my hair before. So I spent a good 20 mins trying to explain exactly how I wanted it. In the end, the colour came out well, but the cut was way too short, I actually cried I was so upset. Now, the girl was lovely and didn't charge me at all, but I was still stuck with waiting for it to grow out! It's growing now and I'm hoping it'll be long enough by the end of Nov (my grad) to get it cut back into the style I had - it's basically a shorter version of it at the mo with less shape to it.

My problem is that I'm also considering going back to blonde (had highlights for years but went dark again a year ago) and I'm just not sure if I want to go back to the same girl, I'd be really nervous about it, esp the cut. The only thing I'm thinking is that I might be better going to her as she kind of knows the way I did want it now, you know? I'm just worried she'll cut it too short on me again, and as my hair is short already there's not a lot I can do when it's cut too short :(

I did ask where my previous hairdresser moved to but apparantly she went travelling, and I don't want to ask to go to someone else as I did that last year in the same salon when my old hairdresser messed my dye up and it went black! (long story, had to get it stripped etc.) They'll be thinking I'm a right difficult customer!

Do ye think maybe I should go to another salon? Or would ye chance going back to the same girl? Money's a factor too, the prices in there are really reasonable, I've friend recommended a girl in Brown Sugar but I just can't justify spending 85 Euro on a haircut! In House Of Colour I get my cut and my colour for 78Eur which is pretty reasonable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

I have always hated hairdressers. if i went once a year, i was doing well. never got the cut i wanted, colour i wanted and would either go home crying, or after 10 mins later, cos my hair was so lobsided, i would have to go back in and ask them to fix it. awful

my sister had the same problem and was recommended to brownsugar. she went and she came out thinkin, oh my god, i have finally been given the cut i have always asked for but never got. So i said, ok, I'll try it once, cos it is quite expensive and my god, finally a hairdresser that can cut hair, that gives advice and just is amazing.

I cant express how brilliant they are and how they are SO worth the money. I'll never go anywhere else. I just love them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Thanks chick, I don't know though, it's a big difference in price. I mean if I went for a colour and cut in there it'd cost me around 160Euro! That's 90Euro more than what I'm used to...

It DOES seem to be recommended alot though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Moved from TLL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

Dublingal, would you mind PMing me the name of the person you went to there? Got my hair cut in Lunatic Fringe about 2 weeks ago and not happy with it at all :( Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cutevelvet

Hi Dublingal, could you give me name of person you use in Brown Sugar too. I have had a few bad experiences with hairdressers over the years. I went to Shay Dempsey who was excellent but way more expensive than I would say Brown Sugar is. Any other suggestions would be welcome also.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

Hi Cutevelvet, I can highly recommend Alison in Khaki for cutting\colour. I've been going to her for a while now and have sent A LOT of my friends\family in at this stage. They are out in Tallaght beside the square and I can't speak highly enough of her.
    I've been in to the salon a good few times now and each time I've been chuffed with the results.
    I have searched high and low for a stylist that could cut my hair properly over the years and am delighted to have found one. ( although I think she's the director in the salon as opposed to a stylist).

Also, one of my friends couldn't get an appt with her so she was put in with one of the other girls...she was delighted with how her hair turned out ( sorry, can't remember the girl's name but she has been going to her ever since ! ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've been going to Tina, at C.O.M. in Temple Bar for a few years now, wouldn't trust anyone else with my hair. She's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cutevelvet

Thanks Carasbars - thats really helpful, its not too far from me either. I have seen the salon reviews on other posts so here's hoping. Will definitely be making an appointment there in the near future!

Advertisement