Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Free Line Rental for 10 Months

• 08-10-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi

I just moved in to my new house and got the phone line reconnected for nothing, and because it hadn't been connected for 3 years, Eircom threw in free line rental for 10 months.

I don't want to use them as my ISP, and they said the free line rental would still apply as long as I only switched to an ISP that didn't take over the line (ie Smart etc).

Can anyone recommend an ISP which doesn't take over the line? I am in Dublin City, and just want the cheapest possible package (I don't use the internet much and don't want any call/tv bundle)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Your options are BT Vodafone Perlico UTV etc i think

You should just browse their sites and look at the available packages, i think perlico might be the cheapest, but im not sure about this list, think one of them has been sold to another or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Perlico is now owned by Vodafone and BT's residential customers are all being taken over by Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dgaughran

I called UTV. Because I don't get line rental from them, the total cost, once disconnection fee and everything is factored in works out at around 19 Euro a month, for 1mb speed, 6 gig limit and free wifi modem.

Is there any better deals out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Vodafone is the cheapest package you'll get, but they'll only service you with the line gone to them, as far as I know. 3Mb and Line Rental for €40 and they throw in a free router. UTV won't beat that, and they were the cheapest last year as far as I can remember (which is why I went with them). BUT, UTV will sell you 3Mb broadband, no need to switch your line to them, and it'll cost you €19.99 (€16.99 + €3.00 for not taking their UTV Talk offer) per month for 3Mb. BT are gone, as a previous poster mentioned, they sold off their residential customers and share to Vodafone. I didn't know about Perlico, though!

http://www.vodafone.ie/homebroadband/broadbandonly/?ts=1255017429672

https://new.utvinternet.com/Residential/ClicksilverBroadband/option.asp?option=3&ROIUser=true
    (note: €12.99 for the first 3 months (€9.99 + €3.00 for not taking their UTV Talk offer)

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your previous post. You already know the deal with UTV, sort of. Though it's a 12GB allowance and 3Mb, not 6GB and 1Mb. :)

1Mb with UTV will cost you €12.99 (€9.99 + €3.00 for not taking their UTV Talk offer) for the first 3 months and then €16.99 (13.99 + €3.00 for not taking their UTV Talk offer) thereafter.

https://new.utvinternet.com/Residential/ClicksilverBroadband/option.asp?option=2&ROIUser=true

I recommend the 3Mb option, it's worth the extra 3 euro leap from €16.99 to €19.99, in my honest opinion.

Advertisement