Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameface is now WORKING

Options
  • 08-10-2009 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Exactly what it says on the tin everyone and it is actually very accurate but i suppose it depends on the picture quality. Mine took about 17 mins to Generate so dont lose faith (it says most take under 10) good luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Cool, is the online form update thing working now too as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

"Your operating system is not supported" :( dam it i want debian support already, guess i'll just have to wait til i get back from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Hey mike, any chance of a photo comparison?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

2287323219a11701007748l.jpg

Nevermind, heres me! Haha, very suprised at how well it worked. (P.S the inserted picture is cut for a reason haha.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Mike Bassett

I cant get onto the site at the minute...too much traffic again! :( That is a good likeness alright but i recommend getting a better close up picture,the detail is amazing,mine has my freckles and my rough beard ha. Just a suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

neither can i :(

Shzm wrote: »
    neither can i :(

I did it this morning,maybe I just got lucky and everyone was working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

This is my gameface! :D

7017_155499661810_572346810_3141770_3849761_n.jpg

7017_155499666810_572346810_3141771_2379875_n.jpg

DrMorphine wrote: »
    This is my gameface! :D

7017_155499661810_572346810_3141770_3849761_n.jpg

7017_155499666810_572346810_3141771_2379875_n.jpg

SWIT SWOOOO a ladies man if ever i saw one ;):L

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Walsh wrote: »
    2287323219a11701007748l.jpg
    (P.S the inserted picture is cut for a reason haha.)

Hmm I initially thought you were simply having a poo, but after reading your comment, I'm not so sure :p

I'll be getting my game face finished as soon as I can find my camera battery charger :mad: My one for TW10 was done with an iPhone camera and was rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I will have to do this from work on Sunday. Everytime I try and go into it it does something to my display driver and shuts down the laptop. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It shuts down my PC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hmm I initially thought you were simply having a poo, but after reading your comment, I'm not so sure :p

I'll be getting my game face finished as soon as I can find my camera battery charger :mad: My one for TW10 was done with an iPhone camera and was rubbish.

Thats because the TW10 one was a different gameface generator. iPhone photos work fine on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It shuts down my PC too.

yea that happens me too, very annoying. i think its because i only have 1gb of ram but it says the display driver has stopped responding or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

FFS. This is really infuriating. Can't access the site. Really irritating. This probably won't work for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Got my gameface set up on the site and it looked pretty good, but when I downloaded it to my xbox and it applies it to my pro it doesnt look anything like me. Anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

yup. Its a bit of a mess. The technology used in the website is not the same as the fifa engine......they usually turn out looking way off in-game even if its exactly like you on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Done it, kind of looks like me on the website on the pc, but in game it's totallly different.

Another crappy useless gimmick really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

If you download your GameFace into the game and do not approve of the changes, can you remove it and revert back to the original physical appearance settings you had before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

20 minutes and counting for my gameface to generate....all this effort for a stupid picture! at least its a hungover sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

32 minutes, its done, but i cant find my results on the site, grrrrr. time to see if its there on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,153 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I got the website part done, but when i went into the game to download the picture it says that there is no game face, please go to the website and create one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mailrewop wrote: »
    yea that happens me too, very annoying. i think its because i only have 1gb of ram but it says the display driver has stopped responding or something like that.

I am blaming compatibility problems with Windows 7 and perhaps a ****e graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

got it working on my friends computer and have to say that it's pretty good, the likeness is really good. There is a difference between the face on the site and the one in the game but overall I'm happy with the result, it's mad seeing myself in the game.
    I got the website part done, but when i went into the game to download the picture it says that there is no game face, please go to the website and create one

that happend me aswel just had to click on download gameface again

• Registered Users Posts: 22,153 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mailrewop wrote: »
    got it working on my friends computer and have to say that it's pretty good, the likeness is really good. There is a difference between the face on the site and the one in the game but overall I'm happy with the result, it's mad seeing myself in the game.

that happend me aswel just had to click on download gameface again

Thanks been trying it at different intervals but still saying the same.

I will try again in a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Can someone tell me where exactly to go to do this? Like I singed up for the beta of gameface on the easportsworld.co.uk website and it now says im aproved for it, but I cant find where to do this...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

I had the same problem yesterday. I don't have XBox Live Gold membership, at the moment, so wondering if it has something to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where exactly to go to do this? Like I singed up for the beta of gameface on the easportsworld.co.uk website and it now says im aproved for it, but I cant find where to do this...

I had the same problem, kept finding it by accident.
    Click on "my profile", rather than "My Football World".
    It's replaces the register/sign in button at the top right after you have signed in.
    It should then be under "My Bio" and that page.

Hope that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

alpomb wrote: »
    I had the same problem, kept finding it by accident.
    Click on "my profile", rather than "My Football World".
    It's replaces the register/sign in button at the top right after you have signed in.
    It should then be under "My Bio" and that page.

Hope that helps...

Cheers for that. It's not straight forward at all. Bit of a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mine took 18 minutes. Looks very lifelike. I got some error messages while uploading, but just click try again and it will eventually upload.

Advertisement