Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 Online Problems

Options
  • 08-10-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

Never played the PS3 online til recently. (got wireless broadband only last month) Couldnt believe my luck when I fired up FIFA 10 and could play online lag free. Problem is, getting a game going is very hit an miss. For example, last night I had no problem joining online team play. Each time I did it I was on a team, chose me position and playing in 2 minutes flat. But I couldnt get a head to head match going except for one time. Each time it'd come to the team select screen, then the other player didnt seem to pick himself a team, then Id get a message like "This mode is no longer available"

Only once did the other player choose a team and start a game with me. I dont think its a case of the other lad leaving the match because I did get a message sayin "Other player has left" other times aswell.

Can anyone tell me whats the story here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

sounds like you need to open ports on your router to allow better connections, i had to do it with fifa 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

i have the same problem, may sound stupid but how does one open up these ports....dont know much about them

its not stupid, if you have never done it before it can be a bit tricky, your best bet is to google port forwarding guides for ps3. There was a thread for fifa 09 that i posted a great guide in, but since searching is disabled atm i can't find it. Also you need to remember that each router works differently so depending on what router you have it can be a snap or a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Parawind -

I had a look online about ports. Found this great guide which I think might do the trick for anyone having this problem. It basically gets you to assign your PS3 a static ip on the network and then add this ip to the routers DMZ - (Demilitarized Zone) - Effectivily opening all relevant ports for the console connection. I think it should be handier than tryin to determine which port is needed.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541

• Advertisement

ah yes your right that should work, i should have thought of that but i keep forgetting that because my own router doesn't have a DMZ. So for any router without a DMZ you need to forward the ports manually.

Anyway i hope that you got it working.

Advertisement