Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoked Coley

Options
  • 08-10-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought some smoked coley yesterday for dinner, but what would be the besst way to cook it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bought some last week and just made a batter for it and fried it in the fryer... tasted gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Bought some last week and just made a batter for it and fried it in the fryer... tasted gorgeous.

Oh never thought of that, was trying to think of something healthy but now maybe not. Never battered something myself, hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

treat it like smoked haddock. Great poached with milk and onions with mash

duploelabs wrote: »
    treat it like smoked haddock. Great poached with milk and onions with mash

Oh lovely, a friend of mine did this years ago in college and it was gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭noeleenred

Preheat the oven
    Cut up the fish into small squares and put in a dish.
    Make some white sauce and pour in the dish
    Put some cheader on top and cook and 30 mins.

Yum yum. It's nice with mash on the side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Poach it!! I completely agree. Poached colley, potatoes mashed with the poaching milk (yum!) and peas. Yumscious. Or a fish pie...

Poached it and it was gorgeous! nyom nyom nyom :D

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

boards to the rescue again - my poached coley was delish tonight :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Poached in milk is the only way to go. Heat the milk slowly and infuse it with the flavour of a whole onion quartered and studded with cloves, bay leafs and peppercorns.

I then make a béchamel sauce using the milk after the fish is done. I have a blog post half written, will post when done.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

kedgeree. Poached in milk. You'll find recpies all over the net but the BBC one here is pretty good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement