Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linguine in Galway

Options
  • 08-10-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Does anyone know where I could buy linguine in Galway? I checked in a few shops but cannot seem to find it. Am going to check out Olio & Farina at lunchtime but cannot see it on their website:(

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It should be readily available in any supermarket. Tesco in Cork definitely sell it. Even my local Supervalu have started selling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Linguine is just a flat version of spaghetti, they're perfectly interchangeable.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Linguine is just a flat version of spaghetti, they're perfectly interchangeable.

Linguine has a rougher texture, holding sauces better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Faith wrote: »
    Linguine has a rougher texture, holding sauces better.

Depends on the sauce, really. I'd consider the shape of the pasta more important than the surface texture. In the scheme of things, linguine and spaghetti are interchangeable, unlike, say, linguine and farfalle.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Depends on the sauce, really. I'd consider the shape of the pasta more important than the surface texture. In the scheme of things, linguine and spaghetti are interchangeable, unlike, say, linguine and farfalle.

Oh yes, that's true. However for a cream sauce, I'd always choose linguine over spaghetti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Hi Faith,

Mortons in Salthill, Olio on Abbeygate St, McCambridges on Shop St - I would think these would be good bets..

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Also Sheridans cheesemongers should have it.

Advertisement