Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i'm looking for a flexible free-lance instructor

Options
  • 08-10-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi all :D

I am returning to riding after having a bad accident 6 months ago. I have a 4 year old mare who's very still very green and I'm looking for someone who can give me lessons on her at my yard in North County Dublin, as I dont have my own horsebox to travel to a riding school. I have many years of experience, but my confidence was knocked and I'm finding it hard to get it back on my own. Plus I know that my mare can sense that Im not fully comfortable up on her and shes spooky enough without me making it worse :( Does anyone know of somebody in this area who would be interested? It would be at least once a week, and maybe more often at the start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Thanks!

Mod edit: Please send all recommendations/contact details in a PM. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Sorry to hear you have lost your confidence. It's awful when something like that happens, and is so frustrating that it takes so long to get back to where you were. Have you considered riding one of the school's horses once or twice to try and help your riding confidence? Sometimes just riding a quieter/more experienced horse can really help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

convert wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you have lost your confidence. It's awful when something like that happens, and is so frustrating that it takes so long to get back to where you were. Have you considered riding one of the school's horses once or twice to try and help your riding confidence? Sometimes just riding a quieter/more experienced horse can really help.

thanks, it is awful because horses are my passion and ive been riding all my life! trainin young horses was my specialty! used to have no fear, and loved a challenge. but after d accident it took a long while before i rode again but thats exactly what I did! :D had lunge lessons in a riding school for ages and i am fine on riding school horses with a riding instructor there, but seem to fall apart when im on my own!! the anxiety is there in my head and i cant get rid of it! and i know its transferring to my horse and thats the last thing i want :( (it wasnt her i had d accident on by d way) but its hard for her to trust me because i dont trust myself on my own anymore and i think if i got a free lance instructor to help me, then i could finally learn to relax and start enjoyin it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Hi "Workaholic"!

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. The mind has very clever ways of asking us to slow down and back off for our own protection hence your current lack of confidence. However youare taking the right route to recovery, start your learning with someone with experience so that you can rebuild yourself as a rider and take your time to really discover what went wrong and how you can improve making better decisions in the future.

<snip>

(the signature belongs to my fiance, poker quote)

Mod edit: if you want to discuss this further, please use the PM function. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

You still looking for an instructor??
    I might have someone for you shes brillint being teaching me or years:D:D

Advertisement