Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of coal to buy and where

Options
  • 08-10-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi,
    i am a new home owner and need to be a tonne of coal but i am not sure which to purchase and where to get it?
    we have an open fire, which is also a back boiler, i would say that we will have a fire down 4 evenings each week during winter.

Can anyone advise us on what coal to get and who seems to do a good deal in the galway (athenry area)?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

Having lived in Athenry for the past 2 years i have yet to find a decent supply of coal, there was a caol merchant that called around house to house last year but he was very hit or miss you never knew when he was going to call and some weeks he didnt call at all. There is a place in Monevia that sells coal and delivers but i found them expensive cant recall the name now but its a farmers supply place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway City -> Galway County

If you come in to the city sometimes there's a coal merchant on Bothar Na Long, in the inside corner where Bothar Na Long meet Lough Atalia Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

On the same subject - anyone know of a coal merchant near Headford? Or who delivereas out that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

http://www.outscape.ie/products/products.html
    They're just outside Monivea on way to Abbeyknockmoy

Does it have to be coal?

They do logs too, from my experience wood gives a nicer fire, haven't tried these yet though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tysonc80

purerandom wrote: »
    hi,
    i am a new home owner and need to be a tonne of coal but i am not sure which to purchase and where to get it?
    we have an open fire, which is also a back boiler, i would say that we will have a fire down 4 evenings each week during winter.

Can anyone advise us on what coal to get and who seems to do a good deal in the galway (athenry area)?
    thanks in advance
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Try this one from Galway advertiser-delivers to Athenry as well

House & Home > Fuel

Galway Advertiser, 10/12/09.
    1. WEST-COAST-FUELS-FREE-DELIVERY SERVICE-FOR-ALL-GALWAY-CITY-AND-COUNTY-DECEMBER-OFFERS-40KG-COAL-€17-OR-10-BAGS-FOR-€160.BRIQUETTES-€3.60-OR-3-BALES-FOR-€10-NOW-STOCKING-FULL-RANGE-OF-POLISH-COAL.3-6-12 BAG-COAL-BUNKERS-FROM-€85-CALL-ADRIAN-0871425106 ..

Advertisement