Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents in a "Fully Furnished" House

Options
  • 08-10-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I'm not sure if this has been covered or not, with the search function out of action I can't tell.

Anyway, I'm about to sign a lease on a new house and I want to know if it's missing some furniture. In the bedroom (which is very large) there is one built in wardrobe with some shelves in it and one bed, nothing else. There are no drawers and no bedside lockers, can I request that these be got for us?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I don't think so - the landlord probably just has to provide the essentials really, but there's no harm in asking I guess.

However, make sure that everything the lease lists as contents is actually there. The last place I moved into, the lease originally mentioned a microwave and some furniture that wasn't actually there to begin with! If you sign the lease with a list of contents that may be missing, the landlord will probably be looking for part of your deposit to replace them when you move out... So be very thorough when checking the list.

Advertisement