Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady to appear in Knock on Sunday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

I read about it today in a great article in the times,nearly cracked up.The description of some of the "devotees" was hilarious.
    Especially the one in the leopard print trilby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Haven't most, if not all, apparitions in history been ridiculed at the time of their sighting? And also by the Catholic church. The Catholic church never announces something as genuine straight away as it can easily be made up/faked. Didn't they take ages to pronounce the Lourdes vision genuine?
    I for one am not ashamed to say I believe this occured. Live and let live is right. You often hear atheists say 'Believe what you want, just don't force anything on us', and yet they feel free to mock, belittle and ridicule as much as they want. That is also forcing your opinion on some-one else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Was funny when anyone took the piss out of Joe Coleman, he said they were disrespecting our lady. You can't win, he's doing everything "our lady" tells him to do, so you can't argue with him. He said plenty of times "our lady" was on his side.
    The guy should be locked up before our lady tells him to get a gun and kill someone, or go on a stabbing spree. He said he'd do anything "our lady" tells him to do.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Havn't most, if not all, apparitions in history been ridiculed at the time of their sighting?
    I for one am not ashamed to say I believe it. And do you really think people are stupid enough to look directly at the sun?
    What apparition? All people have reported is the sun spinning and other such things. Could be a sign from Satan for all you know.

And yes, I do believe people are stupid enough to stare directly at the sun.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I know I said I wouldn't post again but anyways....

lol @ how easily pissed off some of you got from DaveSlats' post.
    Trolls always win somehow.

• Advertisement

What apparition? All people have reported is the sun spinning and other such things. Could be a sign from Satan for all you know.

And yes, I do believe people are stupid enough to stare directly at the sun.

Nope, people haven't always reported seeing figures. Crowds reported seeing the sun spinning at Fatima too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

Crowds reported seeing the sun spinning at Fatima too.

.....and at woodstock! :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Who's the support act?

Nope, people haven't always reported seeing figures. Crowds reported seeing the sun spinning at Fatima too.
    So how do you know it's a sign from God? Because somebody said it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

Joe's Groupies :pac:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

ATTENTION

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml

Podcast of Joe on liveline.

So how do you know it's a sign from God? Because somebody said it is?

How do you know anything about God?

As they say no proof would ever be enough for the non-believer.

If some-one told you they saw it you wouldn't believe it.
    If a crowd of people told you they saw it you wouldn't believe it.
    If you saw it yourself you would say you were hallucinating or it's an optical illusion.

Proof will never convert a non believer.
    I was an atheist for a long time and I wouldn't have believed any of it either. People used to tell me stories of getting personal apparitions and I'd think 'what a load of rubbish!' But I slowly started to change, when I felt certain things. It's when I started to feel things and connect with my spirituality that it all began to make sense to me.

We're all different but we're all on a learning curve.

How do you know anything about God?

As they say no proof would ever be enough for the non-believer.

If some-one told you they saw it you wouldn't believe it.
    If a crowd of people told you they saw it you wouldn't believe it.
    If you saw it yourself you would say you were hallucinating or it's an optical illusion.

I was an atheist for a long time and I wouldn't have believed any of it either. People used to tell me stories of getting personal apparitions and I'd think 'what a load of rubbish!' But I slowly started to change, when I felt certain things. It's when I started to feel things and connect with my spirituality that it all began to make sense to me.

We're all different but we're all on a learning curve.
    You miss my point. Its the sun, not Mary, Jesus, Joseph or the donkey. Nothing to indicate its a Christian symbol at all.

Also
    I laughed at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Quint wrote: »
    Was funny when anyone took the piss out of Joe Coleman, he said they were disrespecting our lady. You can't win, he's doing everything "our lady" tells him to do, so you can't argue with him. He said plenty of times "our lady" was on his side.
    The guy should be locked up before our lady tells him to get a gun and kill someone, or go on a stabbing spree. He said he'd do anything "our lady" tells him to do.

the guy belongs in a mental institution , unfortunatley due to our extremley liberal laws regarding the crazy , you have to litterally kill someone nowadays before they put you in the big house

or maybe im wrong and he saw an opportunity for taking advantage of people in rescesionary times , whole industry built around this type of thing in america

You miss my point. Its the sun, not Mary, Jesus, Joseph or the donkey. Nothing to indicate its a Christian symbol at all.

Also

I laughed at this.

You don't think that's true? Right so, what proof would you require to believe? Jesus to appear to you? If you actually saw something would you believe?

You don't think that's true? Right so, what proof would you require to believe? Jesus to appear to you? If you actually saw something would you believe?
    Yes, something connected with Christianity. If I saw something like the sun spinning and didn't think it was an optical illusion, there's no reason it couldn't be down to one of the thousands of other Gods man has thought up.

Why are people so harsh on religion. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean you have to completely ridicule them.

millions attend the HAGG each year in mecca and litterally trample each other to death in thier enthusiasm to throw rocks at a statue that represents the devil , are theese people derided

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    as my sister says - why have all these 'miracles' happened years ago - lourdes, fatima etc? No electricity led to darkness and ghost stories and active imaginations etc!!! And she said this knock thing is money for local businesses. I dont agree with her though!

as a cynic once asked , how come no amputees have come back from lourdes and ran for the bus at dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Yes, something connected with Christianity. If I saw something like the sun spinning and didn't think it was an optical illusion, there's no reason it couldn't be down to one of the thousands of other Gods man has thought up.

True. If the suns spins, its GOT to be Mary. Not Jesus, God, Buddha, Thor, Ra or anyone else. The sun belongs to Mary, don'tcha know!!

Must be her half of the settlement....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You don't think that's true? Right so, what proof would you require to believe? Jesus to appear to you?
    It would be a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what exactly does the sun spinning look like? isnt it circular so impossible to see spin?

Off topic but the ads connected with this page include "Senior Singles Ireland" and "Nice Girls Waiting" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

zuroph wrote: »
    what exactly does the sun spinning look like? isnt it circular so impossible to see spin?

Not if you're eyes are watery, or the atmosphere around you is swirling.
    Sun does not move:D

We've gone true this before with you in the thread about NDEs.
    It depends on how we see things.
    Do you believe the magician when he pulls the rabbit from the hat?

Malty_T wrote: »
    Not if you're eyes are watery, or the atmosphere around you is swirling.
    Sun does not move:D
    I'm no astronomer but doesn't our solar system revolve around the centre of our galaxy?

So technically it's always spinning ;) (well kinda :p)

I'm no astronomer but doesn't our solar system revolve around the centre of our galaxy?

So technically it's always spinning ;) (well kinda :p)

Ahh fine it moves less than a cm* relative to the earth..:mad:
    (Human eye cannot resolve such a movement from such a distance though - so to our eyes it does not move :p)

According to NewScientist it's moving 15 cm per year away from the earth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The thing I don't get about these apparitions is why in the name of god can't she appear to the whole world at the same time, or even at the world cup final or something.. Why did Our Lady of Garabandal appear to the four girls with a message to the 'world'? If you've got a message for me I'd appreciate it if you told me directly, since you seemingly have the power to do so. Why cure one person at Lourdes? Why not cure everyone, and not pick and choose? Although, I doubt that anyone was ever cured there anyway..

Now, I'd appreciate a reasonably logical explanation to the above, not something like 'The lord works in mysterious ways', never liked that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,507 ✭✭✭✭walshb

<Ollie> wrote: »
    The thing I don't get about these apparitions is why in the name of god can't she appear to the whole world at the same time, or even at the world cup final or something.. Why did Our Lady of Garabandal appear to the four girls with a message to the 'world'? If you've got a message for me I'd appreciate it if you told me directly, since you seemingly have the power to do so. Why cure one person at Lourdes? Why not cure everyone, and not pick and choose? Although, I doubt that anyone was ever cured there anyway..

Now, I'd appreciate a reasonably logical explanation to the above, not something like 'The lord works in mysterious ways', never liked that one.

I have also wondered that. Of all the places on Earth, why did she pick Knock?

Apparently today, one guy was overheard on his mobile saying, "She'll be here at three."
    Bonkers mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

True. If the suns spins, its GOT to be Mary. Not Jesus, God, Buddha, Thor, Ra or anyone else. The sun belongs to Mary, don'tcha know!!

Must be her half of the settlement....

It's the only Sun she has left, we killed her last one,

and now we are going to kill this one! or it's going to kill us - i'm not quite sure,

but that's the message, now go forth and spread it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 eurojedward

Did this happen, did anybody clam to see anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement