Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady to appear in Knock on Sunday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

The Knock altar was sripped "clane" in Knock for Joe's arrival. There were no holy goods on the altar. On Liveline Joe said the papers were "writhing sh!t or I should say sh!te"

Did this happen, did anybody clam to see anything?

Some grannies and a few knackers saw a moving sun in the sky - Dancing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

True. If the suns spins, its GOT to be Mary. Not Jesus, God, Buddha, Thor, Ra or anyone else. The sun belongs to Mary, don'tcha know!!

Must be her half of the settlement....

Let's take the scenario that something actually happened. Mary gave a message to a man that she was going to do something at Knock at 3pm. The sun dances in the sky at Knock at 3pm.

That gives a slight inclination that it could have been her, and not anybody else, no?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Let's take the scenario that something actually happened. Mary gave a message to a man that she was going to do something at Knock at 3pm. The sun dances in the sky at Knock at 3pm.

That gives a slight inclination that it could have been her, and not anybody else, no?
    You're trusting from then man that it is Mary. Why not Satan? He's a bit sneaky like that isn't he? And the main Churches are telling people to ignore it, trying to mix up some discontent maybe?

Edit: Also, the man never said anything about the sun, he promised Mary

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭mobby

<Ollie> wrote: »
    The thing I don't get about these apparitions is why in the name of god can't she appear to the whole world at the same time, or even at the world cup final or something.. Why did Our Lady of Garabandal appear to the four girls with a message to the 'world'? If you've got a message for me I'd appreciate it if you told me directly, since you seemingly have the power to do so. Why cure one person at Lourdes? Why not cure everyone, and not pick and choose? Although, I doubt that anyone was ever cured there anyway..

Now, I'd appreciate a reasonably logical explanation to the above, not something like 'The lord works in mysterious ways', never liked that one.

yeah sometimes i think the same but i suppose that would be too easy.

Listen people let them at it. It’s just a moment in time and will pass like every other such event. We will watch the “rock and roll or drum and base years 2009" in 10/20 years time and laugh and say I remember that.
    If it makes people feel and act better in their everyday lives, then what harm I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The priests say nothing is happening. This would make Joe a false prophet.. ain't it against the commandments to listen to him over the church?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Apparently he's changed the date of the next mass hysteria event, how gas is that. I thought Mary organised when she did or didn't appear. And you'd think she'd say everything she had to say the first time instead of suffering the long trip 3 times.

zuroph wrote: »
    The priests say nothing is happening. This would make Joe a false prophet.. ain't it against the commandments to listen to him over the church?

You presume, I'm not Catholic.

Jip wrote: »
    Apparently he's changed the date of the next mass hysteria event, how gas is that. I thought Mary organised when she did or didn't appear. And you'd think she'd say everything she had to say the first time instead of suffering the long trip 3 times.
    unforeseen circumstances surely.. :pac:

You're trusting from then man that it is Mary. Why not Satan? He's a bit sneaky like that isn't he? And the main Churches are telling people to ignore it, trying to mix up some discontent maybe?

Edit: Also, the man never said anything about the sun, he promised Mary

But if you use the argument of 'Why not Satan' you'd have to believe in him first. Do you?

• Advertisement

Who is this Keith Henderson fella and what is up with his face?

You presume, I'm not Catholic.
    you don't have to be..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments
    they're multi demominational, its meant to be a direct message from god. All we've seen is the sun shine and a man tell us he's hearing a voice. people are falling over themselves to touch him and listen to him. thats false worship in my mind.

But if you use the argument of 'Why not Satan' you'd have to believe in him first. Do you?
    nope, the question is to you, if you believe in one, you may believe in the other... the person asking the question is questioning you on your beliefs, not his.

Nope, but I wasn't talking about me (or just you in particular)

nope, the question is to you, if you believe in one, you may believe in the other... the person asking the question is questioning you on your beliefs, not his.

Just as I was questioning him on his. He doesn't have the one way street on this.

you don't have to be..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments
    they're multi demominational, its meant to be a direct message from god. All we've seen is the sun shine and a man tell us he's hearing a voice. people are falling over themselves to touch him and listen to him. thats false worship in my mind.

I was referring to your comment about priests.

Keith Henderson - Joe's Helper.

iqbey1.jpg

Why is he like that? Is he trying yo be funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

<Ollie> wrote: »
    The thing I don't get about these apparitions is why in the name of god can't she appear to the whole world at the same time, or even at the world cup final or something.. Why did Our Lady of Garabandal appear to the four girls with a message to the 'world'? If you've got a message for me I'd appreciate it if you told me directly, since you seemingly have the power to do so. Why cure one person at Lourdes? Why not cure everyone, and not pick and choose? Although, I doubt that anyone was ever cured there anyway..

Now, I'd appreciate a reasonably logical explanation to the above, not something like 'The lord works in mysterious ways', never liked that one.
    Was thinking that. Just appear at Croke Park during a live match, appear at Mecca, appear at a few places around the world, explain a few things and all of a sudden everyone would be of the same religious belief and the world would be in harmony. Instead she tells Joe she's going to appear somewhere and she doesn't appear to anyone but him!
    Jip wrote: »
    He probably just remembered it clashed with the Ireland play off game with france so he got her to change it. I hope she appears somewere even more awkward to get to, like tuskar rock

Just as I was questioning him on his. He doesn't have the one way street on this.
    Well, if I did believe in Mary (odd concept for me to get my head around) I'd still be cynical of this random person I'd never heard of before and certainly wouldn't take his word blindly and wouldn't rule out the work of the devil. A lot of Christians think he's a fraud so I don't think it's an unusual stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

iqbey1.jpg

Not being bad or disrespectful, but doesn't he look like one of those poor kids in Chernobyl?

God I'm going to hell now, ain't I?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

iqbey1.jpg

"I will of course Joe,I will,I will,I will"
    "What did you see Joe?Same as me Joe,same as me"
    "What did our Holy Mary Mother Immaculate of Knock say to you Joe?Oh she said the same to me Joe,the same to me"

By the way there was great bargains on carpet and lino in Knock over the weekend,but an awful smell of burnt sticks so I've heard.

Allegedly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You don't think that's true? Right so, what proof would you require to believe? Jesus to appear to you? If you actually saw something would you believe?

I'm repeating a previous post but it is very simple to prove and also better for the eye balls. If the sun is moving or bobbling about then shadows on the ground will move. If someone has the sense to point their crappy camera phones at the ground and film a shadow moving I'll convert in the morning. But I think I'm going to be fishing in the morning, as planned, however.

Such stupidity of people pointing cameras to the sun as though that will show something other than individual's daftness. Point it at the shadows!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

iqbey1.jpg

What in the name of jaysus is that? It's like something off father ted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

What i want to know is, Mary was from the middle east. Who is this blonde fair skinned anglo saxon cunt thats appearing to people all over the world? :rolleyes:

flanzer wrote: »
    Not being bad or disrespectful, but doesn't he look like one of those poor kids in Chernobyl?

God I'm going to hell now, ain't I?
    Reminds me of the trolley guy from Hot Fuzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

iqbey1.jpg

You make my pee-pee maker t-t-tingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Reminds me of the trolley guy from Hot Fuzz

Yarp!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

walshb wrote: »
    I have also wondered that. Of all the places on Earth, why did she pick Knock?

Apparently today, one guy was overheard on his mobile saying, "She'll be here at three."
    Bonkers mad!

She picked Knock because the gable of the church was straight across the road from the old police barracks and in the barracks lived a seargant who had a gas lamp with a decorative shade which projected the image of 2 men and a woman onto a wall when you lit the lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Dragan wrote: »
    Ironically, go back a couple of hundred years and said person claiming to be psychic would have been dragged out in the street and burned as a witch most likely in the name of God.

Funky.
    There's something to be said for traditional, communal activities. :)

• Advertisement

Is he [Keith] from the travelling community?

Did Joe get him inside a cereal box or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement