Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady to appear in Knock on Sunday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It's Dail Eireann she needs to appear in and sort out that mess we call a government. Even a miracle can't save us now!:(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I wouldn't mind seeing someones mary on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

She'll probably appear on the runway of the airport.

Let's see the devout get down on their knees in front of an oncoming 747

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    She'll probably appear on the runway of the airport.

Let's see the devout get down on their knees in front of an oncoming 747

wow Kock airport has really taken off if they're able to fit Jumbo's in there now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Why do I get the feeling that somethinglike this is going to happen on Sunday

BTW- Sorry I couldn't get the bit before the song, but stupid youtube dosen't have the full video

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hopefully she will appear and sort this recession out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Maybe she will say how stupid it was that Obama got the Nobel Peace Award

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

me@ucd wrote: »
    wow Kock airport has really taken off if they're able to fit Jumbo's in there now :pac:

Oh shush you! Stop ruining my sarky comments with your sarky nitpicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 N272WA

They do! 747s have landed at Knock. It's runway is of adequate length!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Knock, Fatima, Lourdes etc etc are just one big con

the scenario is the same with all of them...

i.e. devoutly catholic village in the middle of nowhere that no one has ever heard of, and suddenly out of the blue the VM appears, and then Bingo !!it becomes a tourist attraction making a tidy packet:rolleyes:

anyway wasn't Knock explained....some guy was showing slides on the gable end of a house and some drunken local woman taught it was the VM she was seeing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

She's only coming for a job interview in Supermacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

fryup wrote: »
    .e. devoutly catholic village in the middle of nowhere that no one has ever heard of, and suddenly out of the blue the VM appears, and then Bingo !!it becomes a tourist attraction making a tidy packet:rolleyes:

Dougal from Father Ted: Isn't it weird the way Our Lady appeared on a golf course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

twanda wrote: »
    She's only coming for a job interview in Supermacs.

Going by their requirements - she might have a good chance of a start.

"You will be expected to lead by example thus encouraging staff and fellow management to strive for excellence"

http://www.jobsguideireland.com/supermacs-assistant-managers-jobs-nationwide/

not sure if she'll have the right Visa though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Did she appear yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

my bro and his wife are down there and they said it went super dark then the sun burst through and it seemed to be coming closer to everyone and then the moon came out and the place went orange.....
    gonna be fatima 2.0 there now
    sounds like the weather to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

747's actually have landed at Knock International.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

inode wrote: »
    my bro and his wife are down there and they said it went super dark then the sun burst through and it seemed to be coming closer to everyone and then the moon came out and the place went orange.....
    gonna be fatima 2.0 there now
    sounds like the weather to me. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I suppose nobody had a camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I suppose nobody had a camera?
    Mayo is a bit backwards in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 iercepa

COIR could have got her to get on the no vote bandwagon, vote no or the virgin mary will be super pissed off. the poster campaign would have been great. she must have been busy appearing on random food items in the run up to the vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

just rang him to see if he recorded it. and of course he didnt. he said plenty of people had their cameras out. so im sure we will get some low quality blurry UFO style video to convince us :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Are there people actually down in Knock right now, waiting for the Virgin Mary to appear?:confused: Do some people honestly believe shes` going to show up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Are there people actually down in Knock right now, waiting for the Virgin Mary to appear?:confused: Do some people honestly believe shes` going to show up?

obviously they do or they wouldnt be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

aDeener wrote: »
    obviously they do or they wouldnt be there

Thats` what I`m asking, I wasn`t going to trawl through the whole thread.
    Back on topic, a charlatan psychic predicts that the Virgin Mary is going to suddenly appear at knock, and that is enough to send hordes of people down there waiting. In this day and age, given everything we now know about the falsehoods of the ancient superstitions, is this not worrying?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

A certain Only Fools & Horses episode comes to mind. :D

Thats` what I`m asking, I wasn`t going to trawl through the whole thread.
    Back on topic, a charlatan psychic predicts that the Virgin Mary is going to suddenly appear at knock, and that is enough to send hordes of people down there waiting. In this day and age, given everything we now know about the falsehoods of the ancient superstitions, is this not worrying?

how is it worrying? no one is going to force their way into your home and drag you kicking and screaming to it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

aDeener wrote: »
    how is it worrying? no one is going to force their way into your home and drag you kicking and screaming to it
    because these people have a vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Des wrote: »

Yes but that flaming-heart thing she's got goin on might scorch your chest cavity as yer humping her :p

Its an obvious publicity stunt attempted at diverting attention away from the inanimate lump of wood known as "The Holy Stump of Rathkeale". :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

murfie wrote: »
    Its sad that here on AH posters can ridicule peoples faith with such intolerance and nastiness.

Live and let live.

You should read up on Christianity, live and let live my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Just been out in the car and the roads were much busier than usual in the area - plenty of vans around. The road to Tuam was very busy.
    Local radio was reporting a few thousand gathered outside at 3pm - but no sign of any vision then. Not heard anything since - what a surprise :D
    Wonder if this Joe Coleman will have much to say about it?

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    because these people have a vote.

:rolleyes:
    which they are well entitled to even though you may not agree with their political persuasion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement