Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady to appear in Knock on Sunday

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭JacquesD'Ladd

Really? I`ll have whatever you`ve had.

I doubt you could stomach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Feck it. If the mother of zombie jew is coming back, she'd make more of a dramatic entrance than changing the colour of the sun and making it do a quickstep. I'd personally go for more zombies carrying her in on a throne.

Seriously though, if you were some divine all powerful being, what would you do? Put your face on a slice of pat the baker's finest, wiggle the sun, or actually show up and say something? I'd go with option 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

You should read up on Christianity, live and let live my arse.

You should learn some respect and manners.
    Feck it. If the mother of zombie jew is coming back, .

Likewise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭JacquesD'Ladd

Feck it. If the mother of zombie jew is coming back, she'd make more of a dramatic entrance than changing the colour of the sun and making it do a quickstep. I'd personally go for more zombies carrying her in on a throne.

Seriously though, if you were some divine all powerful being, what would you do? Put your face on a slice of pat the baker's finest, wiggle the sun, or actually show up and say something? I'd go with option 3.

Show up and say something? To a zombie nation fed on TV and decadence? Why? Everything that needs to be said has been said already. The rest is up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Oh stop talking nonsense. There was nothing there.

what's been said? Where was it said?

Was it being said when priests were living the nice life for centuries while the country starved? How many priests died in the famine?

What was being said when the clergy was having a fecking rape-a-thon in the industrial schools?

Was Mary dancing in the fecking sun while women were takien into a life of indentured servitude in the Magdalene laundries?

it's nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Really? and what exactly are 'stupid sparkles'? My guess is these stupid sparkles are a little closer to your head than the sun. Tell me: how long are you able to 'stare at the sun' before seeing these sparkles? No one stares at the sun simply because THEY CAN'T Stare at the sun. It hurts too much. So try and refute something worthwhile, if you can, such as refute the fact they were able to stare at the sun AT ALL. 50,000 witnesses is going to be a lot harder to refute than the silly little potshots we've had so far. Wait till the papers carry it, if they dare. They were there after all.

Oh my god! seriously, stare at an electric bulb for long enough and your eyes are gonna start blurring and seeing strange colours. i dont think mary does house calls...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,380 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Also, colours and the sun ..sounds like a sundog effect perhaps?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Virgin Mary did appear yesturday at Knock , I know a family that witnessed it and apparently a women fainted.
    Heres some more info on the sun dancing yesturday.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/heavenly-show-treat-for-faithful-1910819.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

Pangea wrote: »
    apparently a women fainted.
    yah, sun stroke tends to do that sometimes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Virgin Mary did appear yesturday at Knock , I know a family that witnessed it and apparently a women fainted.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/heavenly-show-treat-for-faithful-1910819.html

God has learnt some tricks from FF about bull****ting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Ogham wrote: »
    = Many people at the Shrine today reported seeing different sights in the sky, such as the Sun dancing and different religious images appearing in the Sun. Others reported seeing nothing unusual." :rolleyes:

Pareidolia.
    50,000 witnesses is going to be a lot harder to refute than the silly little potshots we've had so far. Wait till the papers carry it, if they dare. They were there after all.
    Mass hysteria.

No matter what, people who wanted to see something happen were going to see it. Our brains have a tendency to see patterns and recognisable images in natural phenomena where there are none. This must be a huge embarrassment to sensible Christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

How about one of us on here just start telling people it's going to happen and see how many people turn up and claim they see something.

The imagination is a poiwerful thing, I'm sure there's plenty of people who would imagine they saw something not matter who says it's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Ogham wrote: »
    The Local radio station has a vague report on it - pretty useless journalism as usual from this lot. (Most of their audience would be Pensioners / Big Tom fans who go to Knock every week)
    They report....the following

"...Several thousand people turned out at Knock Shrine today after a Dublin based clairvoyant predicted that Our Lady would appear at the Shrine at 3pm this afternoon. Many people at the Shrine today reported seeing different sights in the sky, such as the Sun dancing and different religious images appearing in the Sun. Others reported seeing nothing unusual." :rolleyes:

You have to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the irish have to be the most gullible/supersitous race of all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

fryup wrote: »
    the irish have to be the most gullible/supersitous race of all
    Aye, we're much worse than the West African countries with their syncretistic versions of Christianity, who perform violent exorcisms on young children they believe are possessed by evil spirits.

There is some bull**** going on here on the non believers side, listen to yourselfs, yous are saying that people imagined things all the same things lol
    What about the miracle of the sun?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_of_the_Sun
    Oh wait they were all imagining this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

"Lets go see the return of the Virgin Mary, should we bring a camera Paddy?"
    "No Mary leave the camera at home, non believing camera lovers"
    "Yea, we dont need a camera, good thinkin Paddy"
    "Hey Mary, isn't it great that of the 5,000 people here, where the only family to see herself like"
    "Yea Paddy, isn't it great, all of our eyes seeing her and everyone else on about the sun"
    "Yea they're crazy Paddy"
    "Is the camera in the glovebox? I saw a funny road sign on the way here"
    "Yea lets go home, nitenite Mary! xxx"

*Trips over fainted woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I drove by Knock yesterday lunchtime, hundreds of cars (and Hiace vans) were parked on the way into town. I had my doubts that they were all headed to a local car-boot sale that was advertised around the place and now my suspicions have been confirmed.

What with the gullible audience applauding Bertie on the LSS on Friday night and now this, it looks like any brief glimpse of enlightened thinking and modernity we saw in the past 10 years is quickly being shoveled under the carpet.

I doubt if Knock retailers of religious paraphernalia are suffering too much during the recession, cute hoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PEB

I'm a skeptic myself but I still don't think its right to make fun of it...if it helps people cope with the recession/a loss in the family/depression...whatever...then it has to be better than the other Irish solution of hitting the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

There is some bull**** going on here on the non believers side, listen to yourselfs, yous are saying that people imagined things all the same things lol
    What about the miracle of the sun?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_of_the_Sun
    Oh wait they were all imagining this too.

Why, if something happened to the sun - which is a body visible across the planet, do only those hoping to see it see it, and only locally? If the sun actually "danced" it would surely visible everywhere, by anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Have you listened to yourself?

You're claiming that The Sun, a massive gaseous body started to move and change colours but it was only visible to people in Knock! Out here in Dublin it was normal, nothing unusual in Spain. Nothing to report in Moscow either but OOHH! in Knock the sun starts moving and changing colours!

So which is more likely that everything we know about the world, the universe and physics is put on hold so little old Mary can do a party piece to people in Knock, or that they started seeing things because THEY WERE STARING AT THE ****ING SUN!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Show up and say something? To a zombie nation fed on TV and decadence? Why? Everything that needs to be said has been said already. The rest is up to you.

Yeah, I mean Jesus made himself perfectly clear on the issues of women priests, stemcell research, abortion, gay marriage, transubstantiation, contraception....
    Pangea wrote:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-n...l-1910819.html

Nobody there had even a camera phone?

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Why, if something happened to the sun - which is a body visible across the planet, do only those hoping to see it see it, and only locally? If the sun actually "danced" it would surely visible everywhere, by anyone.
    Dinner wrote: »
    Have you listened to yourself?

You're claiming that The Sun, a massive gaseous body started to move and change colours but it was only visible to people in Knock! Out here in Dublin it was normal, nothing unusual in Spain. Nothing to report in Moscow either but OOHH! in Knock the sun starts moving and changing colours!

So which is more likely that everything we know about the world, the universe and physics is put on hold so little old Mary can do a party piece to people in Knock, or that they started seeing things because THEY WERE STARING AT THE ****ING SUN!

Why would it happen anywhere else , if the powers that be said that something would happen at knock then it was to happen at knock and nowhere else, if they can make the sun dance and appear in different colours then surely they can make it only to be seen at Knock.
    At fatima , when the three children seen virgin mary, at first the small boy could not see virgin mary but virgin mary told the other children to tell him to start saying the rosary and then he did see the appiration.

I believe that some people at knock seen nothing yesturday and some people did see virgin mary and the sun dancing. I listend to the local radio station and scores of people were ringing in explaining the sun dance, they said it was remarkable, but if you dont believe it then please get off the thread and stop making fun of it all ,because if u dont believe in it then its a waste of ur time talking about it.

NedTermo wrote: »
    "Lets go see the return of the Virgin Mary, should we bring a camera Paddy?"
    "No Mary leave the camera at home, non believing camera lovers"
    "Yea, we dont need a camera, good thinkin Paddy"
    "Hey Mary, isn't it great that of the 5,000 people here, where the only family to see herself like"
    "Yea Paddy, isn't it great, all of our eyes seeing her and everyone else on about the sun"
    "Yea they're crazy Paddy"
    "Is the camera in the glovebox? I saw a funny road sign on the way here"
    "Yea lets go home, nitenite Mary! xxx"

*Trips over fainted woman
    Thats some dumb **** right there , u have lots of time on ur hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Why would it happen anywhere else , if the powers that be said that something would happen at knock then it was to happen at knock and nowhere else, if they can make the sun dance and appear in different colours then surely they can make it only to be seen at Knock.

Well of course if you're bringing a supernatural explanation into events you can make up anything you want.

For instance, who's to say that it wasn't Satan appearing in your Fatima example?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

The powers that be didn't say anything! A "psychic" claimed that The virgin Mary would appear, loads of people stare at the sun and report different things happening, or should I say, some people did, most said nothing happened.

I'm sure it's done wonders for Joe's business of charging people for psychic healing and fortune telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol @ all this nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I believe that some people at knock seen nothing yesturday and some people did see virgin mary and the sun dancing. I listend to the local radio station and scores of people were ringing in explaining the sun dance, they said it was remarkable, but if you dont believe it then please get off the thread and stop making fun of it all ,because if u dont believe in it then its a waste of ur time talking about it.

People saw a nondescript blue haze, the fact that anyone thinks it was the Virgin Mary is because that's what they wanted to see after it was suggested that they would see it.

This is fcuking ridiculous, why is this thread even in AH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rodstewy

It happened! I am from Knock and I was there yesterday. I am as narrow-minded as they come, a pure skeptic with a scientific view for everything but nothing can explain what happened yesterday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

rodstewy wrote: »
    It happened! I am from Knock and I was there yesterday. I am as narrow-minded as they come, a pure skeptic with a scientific view for everything but nothing can explain what happened yesterday...

If nothing can explain what happened how do you know 'It' happened..?

wtf happened exactly‽

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement