Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady to appear in Knock on Sunday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

rodstewy wrote: »
    It happened! I am from Knock and I was there yesterday. I am as narrow-minded as they come, a pure skeptic with a scientific view for everything but nothing can explain what happened yesterday...

A LOT of things can explain for what happened yesterday.

If you do the exact same thing right now, go outside and look directly at the sun for minutes on end, you will see some more flashes and colours. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the cataracts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

It happened! I am from Knock and I was there yesterday. I am as narrow-minded as they come, a pure skeptic with a scientific view for everything but nothing can explain what happened yesterday...

So what exactly did you see, and did anyone present take a picture of the apparition with a camera phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Well I hope that you are all happy with yourselves - whilst you were selfishly calling on the virtous one to appear, she was distracted and turned her back momentarily to appear in Knock whilst some shifty Asian dudes bundled the 79 year old missionary priest she should have been watching, into the back of a fillipino hi-ace!

Ye believers are the most selfish bunch of deluded idiots I have ever encountered - ps, If her fella really is omnipresent, where the fcuk was he and why won't he help find the poor auld codger?

Let me guess ... he is testing our faith right?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

So everyone knew it was gonna happen?
    Where are all the pictures and videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wow, she appeared? What was she like? Did she sign any autographs? I heard she's a right diva in real life is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

She didn't even speak english. Coming over here. Stealing our favourite fictional characters and ruining them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

beans wrote: »
    I believe!

We seriously need a Ceiling Cat version of this! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

ScumLord wrote: »
    Wow, she appeared? What was she like? Did she sign any autographs? I heard she's a right diva in real life is that true?

It was over-rated, Cowell wouldn't put her through.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

ScumLord wrote: »

I heard that she's performing on X Factor on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

A lot of things happen when a bunch of gullible people get together and their imagination runs away with themselves, I remember going to Ballinspittle a few years ago and it was nuts, people seeing all sorts, if you stand and look at something for long enough you'll see stationary objects move and facial features change on statues etc. People are sheep, always looking for a crutch and will follow anything in the hope of something better. Didn't we just see that with the Lisbon vote already.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

She didn't even speak english. Coming over here. Stealing our favourite fictional characters and ruining them.

Exactly !!

A Virgin in Mayo .....who are they ****tin' ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

everyone who claims to have seen this mary wan is a cnut. a lying cnut.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Pangea wrote: »
    I believe that some people at knock seen nothing yesturday and some people did see virgin mary and the sun dancing. I listend to the local radio station and scores of people were ringing in explaining the sun dance, they said it was remarkable, but if you dont believe it then please get off the thread and stop making fun of it all ,because if u dont believe in it then its a waste of ur time talking about it.

Lets get one thing straight here, the sun did not dance. If the sun did dance then it would be visible to the rest of the world and it would really **** with all the bodies orbiting around it. What did happen is people believe that they saw the sun move. Now obviously the actual sun couldn't have moved so it must have been in peoples heads. I don't mean that in a nasty way, but it's true.

So one of 2 things happened.
    1) Mary created a second sun that was visible only to the people in knock that had none of the mass that the real sun has (so as not to distort obits etc.). The instant this sun was created she 'hid' the real sun so that it only looked liked there was one sun in the sky. This way the people in Knock would see the sun dancing but wouldn't affect the rest of us mortals.

2) Hundreds of people went to Knock with the expectation/hope of seeing something like this. They spent a long time looking directly at the sun which can cause the human eye to see shapes. Twitches of the eye can also make it seem like it was moving. Something like this has happened to me a few times when I was staring at the light in my room. But because the people there went with the hope of seeing something they took this phenomenon to be supernatural. This spread through the crowds partially to belief and I suppose partially due to not wanting to be left out.

As for the Miracle of the Dancing Suns in Fatima, I will see your puny Christian miracle and raise you a milk drinking Budda Ganesha! :pac:

I heard that she's performing on X Factor on Sunday.
    Well then, it seems pointless to go all the way to knock then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

get a grip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Lady Madonna, Joe Coleman at your feet
    Wonder how you manage to make them meet
    Who found the tree stump, when should he repent
    Did you think that Mayo was heaven sent

Weekend time arrives with many fruitcakes
    Sunday morning eating tea and Buns
    Mayo's child has learned to tie his bootlace
    Hay where's the nuns!

Lady Madonna, gathering at the shrine
    Wonders how you manage to make it shine
    Pa pa pa pa...
    See how they look

Lady Madonna lying on the bed
    Listen to the chanting playing in your head

Sunday afternoon was never ending
    Monday morning pictures didn't come
    Tuesday night my camera needed mending
    See, nice bright Sun )

Lady Madonna, seen you in a frock
    Wonders how you managed to make it Knock.

©The alternative Beetles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

According to leading psychic bullsh1tter Joe Coleman our Lady will appear in Knock on Sunday at 3.00pm. this is the same guy who predicted our lady would appear in Donegal last week and people there witnessed the appearance of our lady.
    I hope if people go to Knock that someone will bring a video recorder to record this just in case she does appear.
    Heres a link to the story http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7836&Itemid=38#

FYP

Pangea wrote: »
    Why would it happen anywhere else , if the powers that be said that something would happen at knock then it was to happen at knock and nowhere else, if they can make the sun dance and appear in different colours then surely they can make it only to be seen at Knock.

If you really believe that happened I feel sorry for you. Is there any functioning matter between your ears at all?

You're right, theer couldn't be any other explanation. 'Twas definitely the good virgin mary herself. Wiggling the sun around while saying hello to the good people of Mayo. Since you're such a skeptic I'm happy that you've ruled out all the other possibilities, and I am now convinced myself.

There really is some very gullible people out there. No doubt Joe Coleman will be raking in the dollars after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

Whenever you get a large gathering of stupid, gullible people, there will always be alot of them who will believe stupid gullible things. It really is frightening though, that in today's modern society, some people are so completly mentally deluded as to take the absolutly absurd tripe "predictions" of a "psychic" as fact. That Coleman is nothing more than a complete conman, a pathetic, dire fraud (like ALL "psychics").

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

If Msr Horan was still alive he would be kicking himself for not coming up with this first.

• Advertisement

ben bedlam wrote: »
    Whenever you get a large gathering of stupid, gullible people, there will always be alot of them who will believe stupid gullible things. It really is frightening though, that in today's modern society, some people are so completly mentally deluded as to take the absolutly absurd tripe "predictions" of a "psychic" as fact. That Coleman is nothing more than a complete conman, a pathetic, dire fraud (like ALL "psychics").
    I don't think it's fair to call these people stupid. I don't think it's fair to call any person stupid, we all have more or less the same brain it's just their's were programmed to believe what the church tells them. They have allot invested in that lie and are using their amassing brains to create all kinds of things to make that lie seem plausible. We're talking about people who have been hoodwinked over the course of their entire lives from early childhood and believing that lie is easier than not believing it and being shunned by all their friends and peers. Poor unfortunate things, I feel sorry for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

You should learn some respect and manners.

Likewise.

You do realize that there is the same amount of evidence that it was actually Leprechauns that you seen at Knock and not some middle aged Arab women from what is now Israel!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Mr. Coleman just told me Scarlett Johansson will appear in my room in 5 mins.

*stares at lightbulb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

mikom wrote: »
    Promised rain on Sunday...... can't see her showing up.
    And anyway what's she doing working on a Sunday.

Wasn't she Jewish?
    Their Sabbath is Saturday, not Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

You are not a pure sceptic, a true sceptic or a sceptic of any description because if you were, you wouldn't have described yourself as narrowminded which is the old chestnut that believers in nonsense describe sceptics as being.

Youtube 'openmindedness'

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hard up for tourists in Knock then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

murfie wrote: »
    Its sad that here on AH posters can ridicule peoples faith with such intolerance and nastiness.

Live and let live.

i would love to see your reaction if some follower of the ancient greeks said zeus was going to appear in athens tomorrow or tom cruise claimed xenu was going to appear on hollywood blvd to address the masses ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

An File wrote: »
    We seriously need a Ceiling Cat version of this! :D
    ask and ye shall receive :D:D
    knockcat.png

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Mayo is a bit backwards in fairness

So's most of Galway outside of the city.Have you ever been to Caherlistrane ffs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Anyone notice the new accounts popping up out of nowhere in this thread supporting the "sighting"?

Nobody appeared!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement