Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady to appear in Knock on Sunday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Look where i seen Mary!!

Given the choice id turn up there too instead of fecking Mayo!!

I saw a mysterious smoky apparition in my sil's kitchen today, the stove had backed up and smoked out the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrblueskys

what a sorry load of people... i am a scientist for 35 years and i happened to be in the knock area yesterday by chance....a religeous skeptic most of my later life but what i seen in the sky was breat taking it was unreal ...no meteophysical disturbances could even come close to explanation....i happened by chance onto the n17 a motorway on which every car was stopped to see what was happening with the sun....i could not believe what my eyes were seening.... i asked the people beside me who were from galway what they were seening it was the same all up and down the road everytbody seen the same thing ....it was amazing...it seems it happened within a 4 mile radius of knock maybe elliptically inclined towards the south that is towards the sun...the sun was very intense and danced in the sky at a very high frequency ..pal system is 29 frames per second human brain and retina is much higher in the centre there was a steady sun which was spinning about 3 revolutions /sec with lights on its outer surface.......the colouration was magnificient with greens magentas purples and sometimes pure white light its duration was 15 minutes to 20 and then it finished this was a heavenly show in full...if you can visualise the suns diameter in a normal sky it was dancing in very high frequency to eight times its diameter back and over up and down ....for ye skeptical people its difficult to hold a whole motorway up with every car on the hard shoulder and everybody out to witness this ....witnessed by i believe by 10,000 people......i later learned that this was predicted ....i am completely stunned as a member of the scientific community ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

mrblueskys wrote: »
    what a sorry load of people... i am a scientist for 35 years and i happened to be in the knock area yesterday by chance....a religeous skeptic most of my later life but what i seen in the sky was breat taking it was unreal ...no meteophysical disturbances could even come close to explanation....i happened by chance onto the n17 a motorway on which every car was stopped to see what was happening with the sun....i could not believe what my eyes were seening.... i asked the people beside me who were from galway what they were seening it was the same all up and down the road everytbody seen the same thing ....it was amazing...it seems it happened within a 4 mile radius of knock maybe elliptically inclined towards the south that is towards the sun...the sun was very intense and danced in the sky at a very high frequency ..pal system is 29 frames per second human brain and retina is much higher in the centre there was a steady sun which was spinning about 3 revolutions /sec with lights on its outer surface.......the colouration was magnificient with greens magentas purples and sometimes pure white light its duration was 15 minutes to 20 and then it finished this was a heavenly show in full...if you can visualise the suns diameter in a normal sky it was dancing in very high frequency to eight times its diameter back and over up and down ....for ye skeptical people its difficult to hold a whole motorway up with every car on the hard shoulder and everybody out to witness this ....witnessed by i believe by 10,000 people......i later learned that this was predicted ....i am completely stunned as a member of the scientific community ....

The N17 isn't a motorway. I'm calling bull on this entire post.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

well tbh im presuming a member of the "scientific community" for 35 years would at least be able to form a proper sentence and be able to spell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

If your such a smart scientist why cant you use paragraphs?

God dam ghost!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cóir have infiltrated this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

rodstewy wrote: »
    It happened! I am from Knock and I was there yesterday. I am as narrow-minded as they come, a pure skeptic with a scientific view for everything but nothing can explain what happened yesterday...

Hi Cóir.
    PEB wrote: »
    I'm a skeptic myself but I still don't think its right to make fun of it...if it helps people cope with the recession/a loss in the family/depression...whatever...then it has to be better than the other Irish solution of hitting the bottle.

Hi Cóir.

Cóir blimy!
    About as scientific as working out diarrhea with a pencil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

i am completely stunned as a member of the scientific community ....

Mister blue sky please tell us why
    You had to hide away for so long
    Where did we go wrong?

Hey there mister blue
    We're so pleased to be with you
    Look around see what you do
    Everybody smiles at you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I find it more interesting that the science community is giving away camper vans

I find it more interesting that the science community is giving away camper vans

Here it is! all the peace and hippyness you could ever ask for

um, thats me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

meh...it's late. Leave me alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

milehip1 wrote: »
    So's most of Galway outside of the city.Have you ever been to Caherlistrane ffs?

Nonsense. I'm from outside of Galway city, and I'm one of the greatest people who have ever lived.

Nonsense. I'm from outside of Galway city, and I'm one of the greatest people who have ever lived.
    So am I! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

I just do not believe a word of this post is genuine.
    This is infuriating. I do believe in phenomena that cannot be explained scientifically, but a mob mentality idea to confirm a faith is just medieval.

Darlughda wrote: »
    I just do not believe a word of this post is genuine.
    This is infuriating. I do believe in phenomena that cannot be explained scientifically, but a mob mentality idea to confirm a faith is just medieval.

So do I, but I look first for a scientific explanation. In 99.999999% of times one can be found - i've yet to experience the other 0.000001%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuvFHxD0wA

Emmm. Yis are all wrong lads! There's the evidence! Sure fcuk Science in it's tight arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Boards really does have some idiots.

Not going on either side but if people believed they saw something so what? Maybe they did. It doesnt make them less intelligent or "stupid" or "deluded". Truth is no one will ever know.

Some people find comfort in Religion. Dont mock them for it. Thats all I have to say.

• Advertisement

FunkZ wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuvFHxD0wA

Emmm. Yis are all wrong lads! There's the evidence! Sure fcuk Science in it's tight arse!
    lol, "Huge crowd were waiting for the appearance of Our Lady,an italian priest,a visionary, said that Our Lady will appear in Knock on the 11th of October 2009 at 3:00 in the afternoon"
    wasnt it a "psychic" from dublin

All I could see was the effects of an overloaded camera's optics and the view of the sun on a partially cloudy day.

Something that happens at least once a day about 200 days of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

joe123 wrote: »
    Boards really does have some idiots.

Not going on either side but if people believed they saw something so what? Maybe they did. It doesnt make them less intelligent or "stupid" or "deluded". Truth is no one will ever know.

Some people find comfort in Religion. Dont mock them for it. Thats all I have to say.

Yes, I do agree that tolerance and respect are important with regard to discussion of people's choice of morals, ethics or faith in life.

However, when claims are made of phenomena, these claims should be open to scrutiny. Especially, when people in Ireland are expected to just go along and be okay with whatever the state religion says is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Thanks for posting the video FunkZ. It also shows the truth. NO VIRGIN MARY. What a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Darlughda wrote: »
    Yes, I do agree that tolerance and respect are important with regard to discussion of people's choice of morals, ethics or faith in life.

However, when claims are made of phenomena, these claims should be open to scrutiny. Especially, when people in Ireland are expected to just go along and be okay with whatever the state religion says is happening.

Open to scrutiny yes. Open to mockery? No. And just reading through some of the comments on this board it seems people that are sceptic need to to pull the piss.

Some people believe in something but dont go along with everything the church says.

This whole thread just reeks of smug people who think they know it all. That alone is annoying.

If my neighbour told me he/she was in knock and felt/thought they saw something and came away better for it id think to myself "good for you" and not "you deluded fool".

Tyranax wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the video FunkZ. It also shows the truth. NO VIRGIN MARY. What a shock.

Though it looks like an oddly shaped over sized langer! Hmmm. Hahaha!

what a sorry load of people... i am a scientist for 35 years and i happened to be in the knock area yesterday by chance....a religeous skeptic most of my later life but what i seen in the sky was breat taking it was unreal ...no meteophysical disturbances could even come close to explanation....i happened by chance onto the n17 a motorway on which every car was stopped to see what was happening with the sun....i could not believe what my eyes were seening.... i asked the people beside me who were from galway what they were seening it was the same all up and down the road everytbody seen the same thing ....it was amazing...it seems it happened within a 4 mile radius of knock maybe elliptically inclined towards the south that is towards the sun...the sun was very intense and danced in the sky at a very high frequency ..pal system is 29 frames per second human brain and retina is much higher in the centre there was a steady sun which was spinning about 3 revolutions /sec with lights on its outer surface.......the colouration was magnificient with greens magentas purples and sometimes pure white light its duration was 15 minutes to 20 and then it finished this was a heavenly show in full...if you can visualise the suns diameter in a normal sky it was dancing in very high frequency to eight times its diameter back and over up and down ....for ye skeptical people its difficult to hold a whole motorway up with every car on the hard shoulder and everybody out to witness this ....witnessed by i believe by 10,000 people......i later learned that this was predicted ....i am completely stunned as a member of the scientific community .... .....

Did ya click the heels of your ruby coloured shoes three times?

the scientist ain't too good with computers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

what a sorry load of people... i am a scientist for 35 years and i happened to be in the knock area yesterday by chance....a religeous skeptic most of my later life but what i seen in the sky was breat taking it was unreal ...no meteophysical disturbances could even come close to explanation....i happened by chance onto the n17 a motorway on which every car was stopped to see what was happening with the sun....i could not believe what my eyes were seening.... i asked the people beside me who were from galway what they were seening it was the same all up and down the road everytbody seen the same thing ....it was amazing...it seems it happened within a 4 mile radius of knock maybe elliptically inclined towards the south that is towards the sun...the sun was very intense and danced in the sky at a very high frequency ..pal system is 29 frames per second human brain and retina is much higher in the centre there was a steady sun which was spinning about 3 revolutions /sec with lights on its outer surface.......the colouration was magnificient with greens magentas purples and sometimes pure white light its duration was 15 minutes to 20 and then it finished this was a heavenly show in full...if you can visualise the suns diameter in a normal sky it was dancing in very high frequency to eight times its diameter back and over up and down ....for ye skeptical people its difficult to hold a whole motorway up with every car on the hard shoulder and everybody out to witness this ....witnessed by i believe by 10,000 people......i later learned that this was predicted ....i am completely stunned as a member of the scientific community .... ..........

Spamming the thread by constantly repeating the same post adds a huge amount of weight to what you are saying.

Out of curiosity why did you start a new account to post with? You aren't by any chance the same guy that started a thread before called "Evolution theory is error" claiming to be a scientist and then being caught out and admitting you were in no way a scientist? You have a unbelievably similar writting style.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

mrblueskys banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement