Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help Finding A Retro Top

• 08-10-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure everyone has seen this clip:

But does anyone know where I can get the top he's wearing in that clip, preferably cheap?

I'm going to be in Newcastle for Halloween and want to dress as King Kev and just do the love it rant about everything all night!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd say you could get a top similar enough in Heatons or Pennys or somewhere.

Then just wear a white collared top underneath.

Shít costume idea btw, I'd probably deck you if you kept ranting at me all night tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Try the official Newcastle website.

www.nufc.co.uk

They sell retro shirts in their online catalogue.

Unless you wear a box on your head to pretend you're on the telly, and have the box decorated exactly as the background in the clip.

That would be deadly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Might be hard to transport that on the plane. Was just going to go with the top, big headphones and a mic.

That's shít then. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Thanks Des, you've been a great help!

What? I told you where to source a top.

If you can't take a bit of constructive criticism along the way, there's not much I can do about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'd say you'd have to tell people you're wearing the exact top though, don't think many would notice that great detail. Best of luck finding it!

oh and pc++

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I also think its a terrible idea as well , you will spend most of the night explaining to people why you have earphones on with noting connected to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

unless your hairstyle is similiar and you have keegan on the back of yr shirt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Ebay

I WOULD LOVE IT, I WOULD LOVE IT, IF YOU BOUGHT THAT TOP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

There's a site called toffs that does retro football kits if that's any help.
    http://www.toffs.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nah you wont find a team jumper on any of the retro sites.

Your best bet would be charity shops in Newcastle i reckon, if they are anything like the Irish ones they will be full of retro footy gold. I myself bought a USA 94 White Ireland jersey with Houghton 8 on the back for €4. That was a good day.

Advertisement