Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trading in games

• 08-10-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you trade in a game without the manual does it take anything off the price? Im asking because I bought Fifa 10 the day it came out but found out later that day I won a copy of it. The copy i won is a promotional copy and it says on the front not for resale and has no manual so I cant trade that one in.

Id like to keep the manual but im wondering will it affect my trade in price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

joe123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you trade in a game without the manual does it take anything off the price? Im asking because I bought Fifa 10 the day it came out but found out later that day I won a copy of it. The copy i won is a promotional copy and it says on the front not for resale and has no manual so I cant trade that one in.

Id like to keep the manual but im wondering will it affect my trade in price?

Shouldn't think so. Usually games come with in game tutorials these days. Who reads a manual anymore?

I don't think it should affect your trade in value at all. As long as the game is in working order then that's all that should matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah it does affect the price. But luckily not many shops will take the money off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A lot of place won't take promo versions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You might get more for it selling it yourself through adverts or eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

A lot of place won't take promo versions
    He's keeping the promo copy and trading in the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Cheers for the replies. Ill keep the manual close at hand if its costing me alot of the trade in price. Next question is anyone know what shop is best to trade it in? Im not near any so cant check myself.

30 euro in gamestop with that trade in offer they do on new games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

€30 is the best you'll get I'd say. Try and sell it on Adverts.

Advertisement