Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Cosmetics Online

• 08-10-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

has any1 tried the website http://www.bodyhaven.ie?
    recently spotted it, and it has YSL’s Touche Eclat for €18 on it, which i thought was good… but havent heard any1 who has bought from it b4?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Moved from TLL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Sally Hansen 5.99 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Nearly fell off the chair... Seems too good to be true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MrsBunnsy

Touche Eclat for €18.99!!! It does seem too good to be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The men's section has a great selection - if aftershave is the only thing you require. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Pipsie Pie

I bought from www.feelunique.com a few times.
    Free postage! all delivered in 3/4 days...
    I've bought tan (xen tan/fake bake/ st. tropez) and kerastase from them with no problems.

They have YSL touche eclat for €18.66 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

JLo22 wrote: »
    has any1 tried the website http://www.bodyhaven.ie?
    recently spotted it, and it has YSL’s Touche Eclat for €18 on it, which i thought was good… but havent heard any1 who has bought from it b4?

Hi there was a post recently in bargain alerts about this site. They deliver within the day in Dublin if you order before 12 - would highly recommend. Got some perfume and lippies and a mascara off them before. All genuine stuff and really good prices.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 vspain

I was looking at their website as well but I haven't ordered anything from them-they seem much cheaper than some of the other websites that I use. Do you know if postage is included in the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Hey there's an old thread about Bodyhaven.ie here in Bargain Alerts.

On a side note I've used Strawberrynet.com and that's been grand.

I have used Strawberry as well but found it expensive for perfumes-have used Cheapsmells.co.uk for perfume and aftershaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I know someone who had problems with strawberry net - bought skincare products that turned out to be imitation products - ie, cheap knockoffs! Buyer beware.

• Advertisement

vibrant wrote: »
    I know someone who had problems with strawberry net - bought skincare products that turned out to be imitation products - ie, cheap knockoffs! Buyer beware.
    Oh god-how did they find out they were imitation? The main reason why I don't use them as much is the VAT issue-they refund me the cost but it is messy-I have to send them the VAT reciept from the Post Office:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I only bought from Strawberry.net once and all was fine and legit. They now include VAT so no more getting stopped at customs as they've prepaid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

iv used them a few times they are fairly good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

vspain wrote: »
    Oh god-how did they find out they were imitation? The main reason why I don't use them as much is the VAT issue-they refund me the cost but it is messy-I have to send them the VAT reciept from the Post Office:(

They brought a skincare product they had been using for some time because it was cheaper on the site than in a bricks n' morter shop.

The product made them break out in an intense rash on their face. "Weeping" sores and all that. They went into a the shop where they had previously bought the item - to ask about the product/allergies etc - they in turn sent it in to their lab who confirmed that it was a counterfeit/fake product. Scary stuff, I know it sounds like an urban legend but it's true.

They brought a skincare product they had been using for some time because it was cheaper on the site than in a bricks n' morter shop.

The product made them break out in an intense rash on their face. "Weeping" sores and all that. They went into a the shop where they had previously bought the item - to ask about the product/allergies etc - they in turn sent it in to their lab who confirmed that it was a counterfeit/fake product. Scary stuff, I know it sounds like an urban legend but it's true.

You are right-scary stuff indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MBW

Wow, that is scary, especially as I have been buying Dermalogica products from them for years. Now that they have introduced the prepaid VAT, I'm not using them, as www.lookinggoodguy.com is cheaper.

MBW wrote: »
    Wow, that is scary, especially as I have been buying Dermalogica products from them for years. Now that they have introduced the prepaid VAT, I'm not using them, as www.lookinggoodguy.com is cheaper.
    I haven't heard of this company-are they good?

Advertisement