Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop problem

Options
  • 08-10-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

i know its the wrong place but all the wiz,s seem to hang out here i need to get data off my lappy hard drive asthe mobo is fried can anyone tell me how cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

You'll need to remove the Hard Drive from the laptop, as this is where all your files are stored.
    You can then hook the hard drive up to another computer / laptop via a USB-IDE/SATA connector. Something like this ide_usb_cable.jpg

Once hooked up to the other computer it shows up like an external hard drive and all you have to do is copy off your own files onto the new machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

massy086 wrote: »
    i know its the wrong place but all the wiz,s seem to hang out here i need to get data off my lappy hard drive asthe mobo is fried can anyone tell me how cheers

Or a USB 2.5" SATA HDD Hard Disk Enclosure will do the same job, you can get these for less than €20

sata_hdd_enclose.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Check to see if the HDD in the laptop is SATA or IDE, then get the appropriate 2.5" external HDD caddy and just stick the old HDD in. Voila, DIY external HDD with all your stuff on ;)

Advertisement