Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend winter bike gloves please!

• 08-10-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Riding home last night with all my gear on, I was plenty warm except for my hands - my fingers and even my wrists really felt the cold as the frost was starting to settle. The gloves I have definitely don't cut the mustard and even when I wear a light inner pair, they aren't that much better. In any case they aren't waterproof and that's just useless in winter, so I want to get a decent pair of gloves that will keep my hands warm and dry. Loads and loads to choose from, so can anybody recommend a particular brand?

Cheers
    (Frozen) chips :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I have Alpinestar Jet Roads and they are fine. Needed to get some Cold Killer thermal gloves to go under them last year for the really cold days.

Finger tips still get a bit cold but commuting on the motorway will have this affect.

Also, before I leave the house I always run warm/hot water over my hands to warm them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mr chips

Cheers guys - have bought a pair of those heated one, they look reasonably good value. Not armoured but I guess there's less risk of me falling off the trike than a bike. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ya dont need gloves man. Ya be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mr chips

I'm all about the easy life seany ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Take a trip to cotters in bally mount.

sound lad there, good prices and a good selection of gloves from tried and tested names.

Got my duchinni's in there, great pair of gloves, thick, warm ,armored and easy to move your hands in, completely unrestricted, plus thinsulate have a part in making them so they are scotch guarded and at 30 quid i can't complain.

Advertisement