Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Washer

Options
  • 08-10-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Hi, just got a power washer there in Aldi, a 2kw Power Craft one. Anyway, never used one before and not sure how to connect it to my garden tap. I have no garden hose , which hose would be best to connect them? Also the booklet mentions a vaccum or something between tap and cleaner, is this necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

You need something like this - http://www.hozelock.com/watering/hoses/anti-kink/30m-ultra-flex-hose-starter-set-6850.html

I would recommend spending the extra money on the actual Hozelock branded products. I have previously purchase cheaper DIY store branded products and the fittings have all cracked and the hose is poor.

Not sure about the vacuum but I would recommend letting the water through the sprayer (by pressing lance trigger) before switching it on to avoid airlocks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can buy threaded hose pce to go over your tap in the brand thats mentionsed above. There might be a little DIY at the Power shower end what i did was connect the nipple on the power shower to a hose then jubliee clip the hose. i did put a hard easy release connector in the centre so my power shower always has a bit of hose attached now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

leex wrote: »
    I would recommend letting the water through the sprayer (by pressing lance trigger) before switching it on to avoid airlocks etc.

this is good advice... nothing will kill a powerwasher quicker than running it dry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Cheers.

Advertisement