Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proxy specifics

• 08-10-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I want a proxy that i can connect to on port 80 but to connect to another service on another port. (At the moment it's just irc) Can i just look for a proxy set up on port 80 to do the trick and set it up in irc. Or do i need to tunnel through and use something like putty to redirect the traffic on my own pc through the tunnel.

JUST TO CLARIFY. I'm not looking for a proxy just want to know how they work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

With most standard proxies traffic comes in on 80 goes out on 80.

you will need to setup your own proxy if you want to change the client port. so yes you will need to tunnel.

Advertisement