Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Coverage

Options
  • 08-10-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am wondering does anyone know if the 10mb UPC broadband is availble in Dundalk?

A friend of mine has it but it says it is not available on their website.

Anyone else have it in dundalk?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPC Cable BB in Dundalk , are you certain that is what they have and for how long ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

leateds wrote: »
    I am wondering does anyone know if the 10mb UPC broadband is availble in Dundalk?

A friend of mine has it but it says it is not available on their website.

Anyone else have it in dundalk?

Why not ring them and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Their website is flawed. It's always wrong, but not always. :)

Ring them up on 1908, it's a free call from landlines and mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leateds

Yeah it is definitly in dundalk, i just wanted to see if anyone knew anything more about it before i had to ring up.

I will ring up now this week to find out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

Did you find out if it was it is in Dundalk ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Johnny88

Checked to see if their broadband service would work at my location (in Dublin 1) but it doesn't seem available here or in any other addresses on the street, yet it's available in other parts of D1. Seemed strange that I apparently can't get it slap bang in the city centre, would it be worth checking with them on the phone at all or would they just use the same address checker?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

The address checker isn't always correct. Call on 1908, we'd only hope that their backend system is better, don't pay for it with the 1890 number. :)

digging this up from the past, has UPC come to Dundalk, had a missed call of them today about a query I made.

Seems that Dundalk has had it MAN upgraded in the last year or so and we are ringed with fibre, anyone heard of any plans ?

Anyone know if UPC have plans for Dundalk at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leateds

Apparently they are still not in Dundalk yet, but i was looking into Net1, they have great speeds. I got them out to do a test if i could get it, it is antenna based broadband, i have a line of sight so going with them instead, bye bye eircom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

How is everyone getting on without UPC? I am too in Dundalk suffering with terrible THREE.IE connection and awful customer service.

Last time I called UPC (back in May or June this year) they said they don't have it in Dundalk yet and they don't have a timeframe for ever having it.

I'd say the implementation costs are too high and probably don't justify the potential earnings. They're not even in some parts of Dublin yet, why would they come all the way up here?

What provider are youse using at the moment and what do you think of it?

@leateds, how's this Net1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wahrewohla

rafaetha wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on without UPC?

;}€ÍÄ WiTH UpC.
    Don't dream about it as a good providor, a fair company or a saviour .
    I restart the router in every 15 minutes . Costumeer service "remote repaird" it three times a day. Problems are similar with everyone, no matter what time of the day or what part of the country. Be aware, cautious, and verry verrrry careful!
    Avoid if you can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There are plenty of current UPC threads without keeping this 2 year old one going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement