Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum for 7days

Options
  • 08-10-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

This is the OP warning 'Have a read and post your thoughts but PLEASE don't resort to any sort of abuse. If we go down that road the thread will be locked and infractions/bans handed out.'

The description is too vague. I understood it to be read as no abuse of each other, as in posters, not the player, as per usual.

I called the player,not the poster, a greedy little rat, and I got banned for 7days!

It hardly pertains abuse? Would you punish you kids for calling their friend a rat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Posters were warned that any abuse in the thread would lead to infractions and bans. Everyone else to date has managed to abide by that with the exception of this poster, I've had a PM discussion with him/her explaining the reasoning behind this which ended with them giving me a link to www.buildabridge.com :D

As always if any more details or clarification are required please drop me a note and I can contribute here or by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The forum charter is quite clear on this:
    ABUSE: Prejudice will not be tolerated, in any form. Outbursts of personal abuse be it directed at other board members or at non-boards persons, famous or otherwise, is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to edit/move/delete such posts as we see fit and issue bans and/or infractions to the poster of such.

And http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61404571&postcount=2
    The rules on abuse apply to more than just boards users, and cover players/managers/fans/clubs/sports personalities as well. You may consider certain terms to be a bit of banter, but any nickname or phrase that is even vaguely derogatory may be considered as abuse for the purpose of the charter.

Calling a team Manure, Liverpoo, redsh1te, bluesh1te, the Scum, the Hun or any other variant is abuse.

Nicknames like whisky nose, fat Spanish waiter, Fat Sam, Fat Frank and similar is abuse.

Calling Andy Gray or Pat Dolan names is abuse.

This list is not intended to be exhaustive, but it is common for users to misinterpret this rule and assume that language like the above is OK. Please think carefully before posting anything like the above.

However, emotional language is not in itself a problem. It is ok to deliver a point passionately, to swear if you so choose, though you can make a point solidly without having to call people / teams / etc names.

The mod team reserve the right to apply their judgement as to a users intent when posting, and issue bans and/or infractions for abuse as neccesary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Listen I dont expect you to undermine his banning but 7days for calling someone a 'greedy little rat' is hardly abusive. At best its offensive but its juts humouress slant moreso. There's no malice or over the top degradation.

On a side note, If i called Stephen Ireland a 'greedy little rat' on the After Hours Forum then I would get applauded, or abused myself, not banned. Hypocrisy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

On a side note, If i called Stephen Ireland a 'greedy little rat' on the After Hours Forum then I would get applauded, or abused myself, not banned. Hypocrisy.

I think not.
    Two completely different forums.
    Two completely different set of rules.

Same site, same rules.
    If your trying to protect some sort of libel suite fair enough, but why is it one rule in place and one rule in another in relation to the same topic. surely if its so sensitive you would consider a whole site ban on this type of commentary?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Because they are different forums.
    Same site, different forums = different rules.
    You are posting on this site for 3 years and you are telling me you didn't notice that before now?
    Each forum has it's own specific Charter, I suggest you start reading them.

well nobody here gonna reduce the ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement