Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cattle test

• 08-10-2009 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

I purchased some cattle about 4 weeks ago. My brother wants to buy one of them off me and I presume I will have to have a test done first. Who do I contact to organise a test, the nominated vet or the dept?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

if bullocks and they are still within the test period, then you do not need to do any test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

...the test period is one full year. Check the date on his card.

A bit crazy to bring out a vet for just one bullock.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 midland muck

pakalasa wrote: »
    ...the test period is one full year. Check the date on his card.

A bit crazy to bring out a vet for just one bullock.:eek:

Thanks for the replies all.
    I am actually only after getting a herdnumber for land which I own. The selling of the animal to my brother is a side issue as I have to validate the herd number by having a test. This is because I want to qualify for a farmer premium in relation to forestry application. I'm just doing it earlier than anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭tvo

contact the dept and give them the name of your nominated vet once he gets the information from the dept you can schedule the test

Advertisement