Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a plumber

Options
  • 08-10-2009 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

Need to find a plumber to take a look at a leak in a bathroom, can anyone recommend someone they have used?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

As ever folks, no advertising or pimping your business please. If you have a recommendation for the OP please PM the details.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Gaspode wrote: »
    As ever folks, no advertising or pimping your business please. If you have a recommendation for the OP please PM the details.

Thanks

This is off topic, but I feel that I have to say that the comments above represent in my mind a very uneven approach to Moderating this forum.

In the past on this forum there have also been topics recommending Doctors, Dentists, and Vets, but none of the restrictions posted above were imposed on those topics. Why is it that businesses of this ilk (highly profitable business's at that) do not have similar restrictions placed upon them?

I have said before one of the longest running topics on this forum is recommending every Fast Food outlet in D15. Is that not advertising as well?

C'mon Mods you have even broken your own rules as well http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055677876 .

Why are the so called Profession's (Doctors, Dentists, and Vets) treated differently to your average Painter, Plumber, Locksmith (Panelbeater's excluded lol)etc, when it come to this type of topic?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    This is off topic, but I feel tha I have to say that the comments above represent in my mind a very uneven approach to Moderating this forum.

In the past there have also been topics recommending Doctors, Dentists, and Vets, but none of the restrictions posted above were imposed on those topics. Why is it that businesses of this ilk and highly profitable business's at that, do not have similar restrictions placed upon them?

As I have said before one of the longest running topics on this forum is recommending every Fast Food outlet in D15.

C'mon Mods you have even broken your own rules as well http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055677876 .

Why are the so called Profession's (Doctors, Dentists, and Vets) treated differently when it come to recommendations? They're earn a lot more money than your average Painter, Plumber, Locksmith etc, and are allowed free advertising on the forum to boot!

This policy has only recently evolved, and is due in part to the forum being spammed by people advertising their businesses in response to requests in the past. The aforementioned fast food, doctor and dentist threads have been up and running long before we started to take this approach. However, they are not immune from spamming either, and permanent forum bans have been handed out to people using those threads to pimp their own business or looking for a bit of free advertising. We don't like banning people if we can help it, so the new approach helps avoid that.

Advertisement