Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat Anglers Wanted

Options
  • 08-10-2009 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

Just throwing this out there at the moment to see if this is even of interest to anybody..
    I have an oppurtunity to hire a boat in Dunlaoighre for harbour fishing.
    Its a Merry Fisher 605. It can take up to 7 people fishing but would rather it be 4/5 for comfort.
    This is something that I will be skippering myself .
    Would anybody be interested in sharing costs with me?
    This is not an excercise to make money but just to see if there are a few hardcore anglers interested in a weekly boat trip either on a Saturday or Sunday.

*Regular boat angling trips for those who have no boat & at a fraction of the cost of a charter*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Id be interested on a Sunday but could not commit to every week. Also, a price would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smcshane

Price would depend on the amount of people interested.

Boat would be let to me & costs divided between us.
    More people less to pay.
    Guranteed to be a cheap day out & good craic.

I'm just throwing this out there at the moment. I am meeting the chap who has the boat at the weekend to finalise deal.

All I want out of this is a regular fishing trip that does not cost the world.

I estimate no more than €50 -€55 per head for 4- 6 hrs fishing. less than a €10 an hour.

Like I said I will have full price details after the weekend.
    Just looking to see if this is even possible

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Ill keep an eye on this post, keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I would be interested in once or twice a month anything more i just couldnt commit to at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smcshane

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies & insight into this it has proven to be more hassle than it’s worth.
    Instead I have decided to opt out of this & buy my own boat.

IThanks again for all your replies but this will be a non runner for me.

If anyone has a boat & goes out regular at the weekends then I would b more than happy to share the fuel expenses with them & have a bit of Craic & you never know might even catch a fish or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

smcshane wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks for the replies & insight into this it has proven to be more hassle than it’s worth.
    Instead I have decided to opt out of this & buy my own boat.

IThanks again for all your replies but this will be a non runner for me.

If anyone has a boat & goes out regular at the weekends then I would b more than happy to share the fuel expenses with them & have a bit of Craic & you never know might even catch a fish or two.

that sounds like a fricking great idea, i'd be up for renting your boat next year, or chartering i should say. hopefully a couple of times.

but i hope you know how much money a boat takes up. would u be willing to keep us informed about the expenses?

Advertisement