Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OSCommerce to Magento

Options
  • 08-10-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

I am trying to port a site from OSCommerce to Magento and I am finding it quite difficult. The documentation is quite poor tbh. Has anyone done this or used Magento in anyway? Any good tutorials/guides out there, if not for porting then just for building a template from scratch?

Any help would be great, I've already been looking at this for a day or so and am getting no where...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 staplebottom

Your asking for a lot of different things here. I'm not familiar with either but I would expect OsCommerce would have an export feature, and Magento some sort of import feature. Have you tried this?

Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭daymobrew

There isn't much info about importing out there but I found an (outdated) article on the Magneto Wiki. It might give you a starting point.

Another approach might be to export the osCommerce data to CSV and see if Magneto has a CSV import.

There are other mentions of osCommerce Import on the Magneto site that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sorry if i was unclear, i can do the db but asking about porting the design from eCommerce to Magento. if not anything like that then just a guide to creating the templates...

I've never used oscommerce much, but if I recall it uses table based layout and Magento uses div based layout. If I'm correct in this, then your best bet is to use the Magento theming tutorials and reuse the graphic elements from the oscommerce install to recreate your theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I've never used oscommerce much, but if I recall it uses table based layout and Magento uses div based layout.

not necessarily true
    If I'm correct in this, then your best bet is to use the Magento theming tutorials and reuse the graphic elements from the oscommerce install to recreate your theme.

ok, but can anyone show me a theming tutorial, all i have is the designers guide which is crap...

• Advertisement
Advertisement