Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeving

Options
  • 08-10-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

I want to pick up some sleeving for the cables in my PC and the only stuff I can find is the kit in Maplin (which apparently aint great for the money) and the MDPC-X (mudermod) stuff which is expensive so I thouhg i'd see if anyone knew of any brick and mortar stores that sell the stuff most people use for sleeving

-1/8'' Sleeving (In black preferably)
    -1/3'' Heatshrink

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

fairly sure i saw the stuff in b&q recently :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah pretty much any of the hardware stored have the heatshirink stuff, not 100% sure about the sleeving though, as i haven't seen many sparky's going all cablemod on fuse boxes and the likes ;)

Could try places like overclockers.co.uk scan.co.uk or raidionics.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Anti wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much any of the hardware stored have the heatshirink stuff, not 100% sure about the sleeving though, as i haven't seen many sparky's going all cablemod on fuse boxes and the likes ;)

Could try places like overclockers.co.uk scan.co.uk or raidionics.ie

Hah,im pretty sure I have some of the heatshrink here somewhere.Its more the sleeving that i'm having a problem finding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Just spent the last 45 mins looking all over the usual sites searchign for "Sleeve kit" "sleeve" "cable mesh" and the likes, found a few UV green and blue ones, and 1 1/2" stuff. Then i thought, sure the people that put the search strings on these websites are always cluesless. So did a search for "Ac Ryan" on pixmania.ie and kablamo !!! A **** load of the stuff, 10m/30foot Black sleeve kit :D among the usualy gaudy Uv stuff too.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2505333/art/ac-ryan/cable-sleeving-kit-flexsl.html

Strangely... search for "sleeve" on pixmani and they find cock sleeves... I kid you not

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1571174/art/erotic-entertainment/nature-skin-lust-sleeve.html

I've looked over the sleeving stuff at all the sites and somehow managed to miss that stuff on pixmania.Thanks man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

They have the same kit on specialtech here for £5.42

But they also have a range of other cable mod stuff if you didn't want to buy the entire kit

somakasvh wrote: »
    They have the same kit on specialtech here for £5.42

But they also have a range of other cable mod stuff if you didn't want to buy the entire kit

Advertisement