Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband in Limerick

• 08-10-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey Boardies,

Been thinkin about gettin UPC broadband. probably the 10 meg but just wondering what people think of the service.

1) Do you get the full download speed or close enough?

2) Whats the speed like during peak times. 7-10pm or so?

3) Oh ya how long does it take for them to install from the day you order?

4) Would be using the BB for online gaming too(PC of course):-) so what are people's experiences with that?

Think thats all. Anyway thanks in advance boardies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

1) Yup
    2) I get around the full 10Mbit
    3) a week for me
    4) online gaming is fine here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭dunworth1

getting full speed

gaming on xbox live is fine

586822643.png

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭customPC

Thanks for replying lads,

was just wondering about the speeds cos there's talk in other threads about speeds not being great but it seems to be in Dublin. Just wanted to know before ordering it. If anyone else out there wants to add please do.:)

maybe sleep around now would be a good option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

hi all ,
    i wonder do any others users feel that the the broadband is very very slow tonight ping times are 300ms plus here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

iceax wrote: »
    hi all ,
    i wonder do any others users feel that the the broadband is very very slow tonight ping times are 300ms plus here
    yea it slow tonight but were did you ping 300ms it quite high like something you get of mobile broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

hi all ,

If you did a speed test to a the limerick server you are gonna get VERY VERY slow speeds on that, as the packets go through the US before they come back to Limerick. Do a speed test to the Dublin server to get an accurate reading. That said, I am getting really really sh1t service tonight. But perfect ping when it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

hi all ,

Don't bump old and dead threads to ask unrelated questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement