Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless internet radio

Options
  • 08-10-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

i will start by saying if i am on the wrong thread please move.for the past few years i have sky tv and ntl,now the only reason i have ntl is to listen to one radio station ,bbc 2 now i must be mad to pay 50euro per month for one radio station but its not on sky so i am thinking of investing in an internet radio,i have eircom 3mb,so question is are internet radio good reception wise ,what type is there on sale here where could i go to get this type of information,
    thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I got one from Lidl years ago that is pretty good. Not at home to check the model at the moment. It links into the Reciva website https://www.reciva.com/

Do you need a radio, or could you get away with listening from a pc / ps3? That site is pretty good for most stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

Harney ,thanks for the reply,i will watch out for the Lidl one if and when it might come in again,yes i could listen on my pc but it means sitting up in the attic [nice on a summers day]will sleep on it for now.
    thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

spatchco wrote: »
    i will start by saying if i am on the wrong thread please move.for the past few years i have sky tv and ntl,now the only reason i have ntl is to listen to one radio station ,bbc 2 now i must be mad to pay 50euro per month for one radio station but its not on sky so i am thinking of investing in an internet radio,i have eircom 3mb,so question is are internet radio good reception wise ,what type is there on sale here where could i go to get this type of information,
    thanks,

Argos do a couple - I bought a cheap Bush Internet Radio from there about 3 yrs back & initially ran it though a 2Mb Eircom line with a Netopia 2247G - signal was fine - I now run a 7.8Mb line with a Lynksys 'N' & it flies....

I'm thinking of changing shortly tho as mine doesn't have treble/bass, but no complaints. I think Argos do a Roberts version for about €150 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

We have 2 of these -http://www.digitalstores.co.uk/ministryofsound/productdetail.jsp?productPK=unittest-ThU8QvPFsOih9v2jqN3IEb-1

We find them fantastic. The sound quality is excellent and there is a huge range of stations to listen to. I listen to books on line - which is basically a radio version of books on CD that I buy for long car journies on my own. The kids use it to listen to Dublin Airport traffic. We can also listen to music by Genre and more often than not is tuned into an 80's station.

We found the first one that good that we bought one for the kitchen where it is on, morning noon and night.

We had bought ours in Argos - worth checking out. Of the top of my head, we paid 119 euro for ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

Andip and Dummy,thank you for your replys and advice but i found out last night that i can in fact listen to bbc r2 and other stations , on sky by adding them to other stations,so might not need to invest ,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

spatchco wrote: »
    Andip and Dummy,thank you for your replys and advice but i found out last night that i can in fact listen to bbc r2 and other stations , on sky by adding them to other stations,so might not need to invest ,

For anyone interested in adding channels to their sky box line up this is the link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

And a reminder as people often dont realise it - the main bbc channels and a few more are available via your UPC cable (though not I think to chorus people).

Also if you are an avid BBC radio listener dont forget all the channels are available on freesat.

Advertisement