Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling gun

Options
  • 08-10-2009 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Hey people, looking for some advice on how to sell my rifle. I have no interest in keeping it anymore and kinda need the money :)

It's my first and only gun, .22lr CZ silhouete, synthetic stock, stainless steel barrel, nice scope, sling bipod and extended mag.

My licence is up soon, and I want to get rid of the gun asap. What do I need to do exactly? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

the problem is if your licence is up soon you can no longer hold the gun legally ,the dealers are unlikely to take the gun off you as they are inundated with unwanted firearms , you might have to licence the gun again or hand it in at the garda station .

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

It would be a shame to hand it in for scrap.
    advertise it on www.irishguntrader.ie for free
    thats like the buy and sell for guns or just pay the 80 quid and sell it later on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hey Iamxavier,

Might i suggest starting with an advert on the For sale/Wanted forum. I'm only guessing but if you only have one firearm and its a .22lr then chances are your extension will run till next year. If it does you are in a good position. You can sell the rifle without having to store it or surrender it or more importantly re-licence it (€80 saved). Course if your extension runs till Oct 31st then rowa would be right. You may have to store, surrender or re-lcence it in order to sell it.

Advertise it here or irish gun trader and stick a notice in your club or local gun shop. The process is the same as if someone buys from a shop. They apply for their licence and instead of the dealers details they enter yours in section 3.3 and they will need your cert number. If successful they will get their licence then you get a copy of it (photocopy) and give a receipt for the sale of the gun. You then fill in the FCA2 form. Tick box 2 at the top (cancellation of a firearms certificate). Fill in section 2 only (cancellation part) with your details. Enter the details of the licence of the person buying it from you, sign it and submit it to your local Garda station. The on duty FO (doesn't have to be FO) will sign it and stamp it and send it on to super for completion. That should be it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement