Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of electric window replacement?

• 08-10-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Hi just a quick Q... my old man needs to get an electric window of a Saab 2.2 tdi replaced, I just wanted to know if any of you have an idea of ball park figure of what this might cost (don't think its a fuse) in the current climate if its a mental amount I might tell him not to bother. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

gosplan wrote: »
    Hi just a quick Q... my old man needs to get an electric window of a Saab 2.2 tdi replaced, I just wanted to know if any of you have an idea of ball park figure of what this might cost (don't think its a fuse) in the current climate if its a mental amount I might tell him not to bother. Thanks in advance.
    I'm sure any competent local mechanic could troubleshoot the issue and sort it out. Worse case scenario you may need to source a second-hand window motor I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Thanks, I've never had to replace one, what would this cost c200??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Again, depends on the actual issue with the window.
    Some others here might have a better idea of labour costs.
    Though if you got a motor from a breakers yard I can't see that being too pricey.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Might be the motor or regulator, or a seized mechanism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Got the driverside window motor replaced last week by a local garage for €40. I bought the second-hand motor on ebay for €50 posted.

But i would get the wiring checked first before going out to buy parts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Great, thanks for all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

200 should cover the whole job, parts and labour for a second hand part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Yeah, I had something similar, only on a Corolla, when one of the lads (having had a few drinks) managed to lean on the top of the window pane while it was open and he looking out, and he broke the mechanism inside the door. Mechanic sourced a second hand part for it, and while I can't remember the price, it was well under €200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Probably not a big job. I replaced a regulator on a renault in about an hour, and i'm no mechanic. The part (including motor which I didn't need) cost around 110 quid from micksgarage.ie

If your windiow is grinding and sticking it is probably the regulator. If it just suddenly died then it may be just a loose connection.

Advertisement