Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Smith Evolver

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

yeah i had one, good little synth but personally i didnt like the matrix layout but i know people who do!!! i sold mine, i would definitely go down the mono evolver keyboard route were i to buy one again though but thats highly unlikely with Tetra being released - looks a great value poly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

And from a sonics perspective ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

it definitely has a unique sound(analog/digital osc), no doubt about it, but the main reason i got rid of it was the fact i found it difficult to put anything i came up with into an actual track, yeah i got some cool sounds but they just didnt fit into my tracks or just stuck out too much(if ya get me), looking back - it probably would be good for idm but i am by no means an expert n synthesis, having said that, i have little trouble fitting sounds from my little phatty, andromeda or perfourmer into tracks, you can check the evolver out in XMusic

i should add its no match for the little phatty Bass,phatty is way phattyier!! evolver sounds more refined and tinny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

As you're a Mac owner i'd go check out the Access Virus TI - Tonally cannot be touched by anything... the GUI you get too control it via VST makes it a dream to control in a studio situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

was very close to buying an evolver on many occasions, but always stepped back coz i wasnt sure of the practical use for the music i was making at the time

im sure its lovely for soundscapes and ambient stuff, but is there really any application to the more straight forward stuff at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Pa the Blah

We have been using a mono version in a live show, The sound is more akin to pro VS or a PPG, rather than a Moog or Prophet. it can sound quite complex and very colorful, Very Edgy (not so warm) it also has a nice vintage style sequencer great for instant fun! its not a run of the mill wanna be a Mini Moog or Vintage Synth Like your Nords and Viruses etc etc, its a little different.

Advertisement