Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza 3 Review

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭irishman123

Make sure to keep an eye on this page.........

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/forzamotorsport3

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wey! Some fabulous reviews! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Gonna pick this up, I think, loved Forza 2.

Question, anyone used the 360 wheel controller on Forza? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Pre-ordered and payed this off bout 3 months ago... Cannot wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Any good wheel recommendations for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I use the MS wheel, and having come from a variety of PC wheels including some very good ones, it compares well. It's reasonably priced and feels good. The rubber is very grippy, even during the last, tense lap, and it's sturdy enough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

9.4/10 on IGN - Impressive. Enjoyed Forza 2 so Ill definitely pick this up.

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1033110p1.html

[rant]
    That wasn't a review it was an advertisement

In its own right I'm sure Forza 3 deserves high praise but as the successor to 2, I don't believe it does

I will more than likely buy 3 on launch but I am disappointed in the direction of the game and if they continue in this trend it may be the last Forza game I buy

Where's the night driving, different weather conditions, more than 8 drivers on a grid?

Sure now even the lowest common denominator can play it because of rewind, single button racing and auto tuning but what about fans of the series

Madden 2010....sorry I mean Forza 3 has an updated roster and some different tracks, improved tyre simulation and AI that reacts more realistically. Not exactly the calibre of improvements I was expecting[/rant]

Bah, I love Forza and am disappointed with how 3 is shaping up

It's "You've changed Mannnn" syndrome
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Vegeta wrote: »
    [rant]

In its own right I'm sure Forza 3 deserves high praise but as the successor to 2, I don't believe it does

I will more than likely buy 3 on launch but I am disappointed in the direction of the game and if they continue in this trend it may be the last Forza game I buy

Where's the night driving, different weather conditions, more than 8 drivers on a grid?

Sure now even the lowest common denominator can play it because of rewind, single button racing and auto tuning but what about fans of the series

Madden 2010....sorry I mean Forza 3 has an updated roster and some different tracks, improved tyre simulation and AI that reacts more realistically. Not exactly the calibre of improvements I was expecting[/rant]

exactly what i think about all the reviews it got. they all sound like they don't like it or even play racing games but still slap a 9.5/10 on at the end.

there isn't one new feature in F3 for people who will be playing it 2 years from now. everything they did is designed to get people who wouldn't normally buy realistic racing games to give it a try.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I personally think the demo of fm3 is a vast improvement on fm2, and that's only the demo, we have still to see the available customisations, modifications and the livery.

All that was missing from fm2 was more tracks, and a few different cars, who's to say they won't release even more cars and more tracks as DLC?

Vegeta wrote: »
    [rant]

The lack of night driving is dissappointing, I will admit. Would love some kinda of proper Le Mans 24 hour co-op race, 4-6 players per car, 20 or so cars, would be fantastic. However getting more than 8 cars on the screen is hard. Have you seen how GT5 Prologue reacts with more than about 5 cars on screen? And that's on a supposedly way more powerful console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

amacachi wrote: »
    Have you seen how GT5 Prologue reacts with more than about 5 cars on screen? And that's on a supposedly way more powerful console.

that would be more of a connection problem than the console. 8 is plenty anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I wasn't really bothered about getting this but I've given the demo another go and it's grown dangerously on me. I'd be tempted to buy but it would have to be a choice between it and COD6, too damn broke to get both. Gametrailers have given it a good review http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-forza-motorsport/57471#comment_head_text

that would be more of a connection problem than the console. 8 is plenty anyway.

I'm just talking about games against AI. Try a race on Fuji and bomb into the first corner and check out the framerate even way before you hit anyone. Unless all 3/4 consoles I've played it on have been borked. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOL at ign reviews tbh.
    Not sure eurogamer are much better, then again i havent read theirs yet.
    If you want a proper review by proper simracers [which afterall is what forza 3 is trying to be] look no further than this one.

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just wanted to highlight that if you order off Amazon you can get it for just under €40 delivered. I'll be over in London that day so might see about picking it up while I'm over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Shamelessly I'll plug my preview a few months ago... and I should be getting review code in the next few days to do a full review.

As far as the game goes, I love it. I am more of a GT fan but this is really, really good. Yes, it looses some of it's sim-ness by being easier and having the rewind function, but you can still create a challenging environment to race in.

This game will probably kick up a storm because it hasn't expanded on forza 2 as far as number of racing options, cars on track and so on... but this has to appeal to a wider audience for Microsoft to do anything this Christmas. I hope with future updates they have night races and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Interesting insight into Forza 3 from this morning's Irish Times

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2009/1014/1224256602180.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I went into Gamestop today enquiring to see what the chances of getting a copy without pre-ordering and the guy basically told me next to none. Is this true? And if so, where is the best place to pre-order it?

• Advertisement

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I went into Gamestop today enquiring to see what the chances of getting a copy without pre-ordering and the guy basically told me next to none. Is this true? And if so, where is the best place to pre-order it?

Is there a shortage of DVDs or something? Would be very, very surprised if there was a need to pre-order, on the off-chance one place did run out somewhere else will have it. He probably told people the same about Fifa 10, lock them in to the high price so on launch day Tesco are selling it for 35 but they've already paid more in GS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

VolvoMan wrote: »

Haven't had a problem getting a game on launch since the GTA3 days, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Haven't had a problem getting a game on launch since the GTA3 days, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Nor i, i still pre ordered the LCE version though :D Free cars ahoy!

zero19 wrote: »
    Nor i, i still pre ordered the LCE version though :D Free cars ahoy!

Where and how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Would it be to late to preorder the limited edition, I think smyhts have it for €60

http://www.smyths.ie/FORZA-MOTORSPORT-3-LTD-EDT-X360-!G10319-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=5a80dc73-fc09-4b77-912b-85ed9c952151

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

zero19 wrote: »
    Free cars ahoy!

Free? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

mailrewop wrote: »
    Would it be to late to preorder the limited edition, I think smyhts have it for €60

That's probably the best deal around. I wonder is it possible to pre-order over the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

This is brilliant, loving it so far... The extra car/track disc comes with all retail editions afaik...

consultech wrote: »
    This is brilliant, loving it so far... The extra car/track disc comes with all retail editions afaik...

Yep but there's 5 (I think) extra cars along with VIP access to Auctionhouse etc. only with the CE. And a USB key and fancy packaging. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

amacachi wrote: »
    Where and how much?

Gamestop, i'm told it's gonna be 65euros but may come down in price
    Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Free? :pac:

Yep if you buy the LCE you get 10 limited edition tuned and painted cars and become a "vip". Vips get free tuned and painted cars and parts gifted to them from Turn 10 it seems.

For the extra few euro it's worth it imo.

Advertisement