Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babies - Too much effort

Options
  • 08-10-2009 6:33pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:P

but seriously, in The Sims 3, having a baby in the house is a total nightmare. My neighbours kids dont cry as much as they do in sims 3!!

Ruins the game for me, stopped having them. What ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I haven't had a baby in a family since Sims 1. Too much effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I always end up speeding up the aging process cos I get too annoyed with them. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I haven't had a baby in ages! :P

Takes a lot of effort, but I keep meaning to try the Nanny and see if that helps...I have a couple who have busy careers (he's the mayor and she's the top news anchor) and they've have recently bought a lovely big house with lots of rooms....should probably start filling them with kids!

I tried the adoption service twice and both times I got really ugly kids :o So I have lost faith in the adoption services! I want to make a pretty baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Alicat wrote: »
    Takes a lot of effort, but I keep meaning to try the Nanny and see if that helps...I have a couple who have busy careers (he's the mayor and she's the top news anchor) and they've have recently bought a lovely big house with lots of rooms....should probably start filling them with kids!

The only thing that's annoying for me with the nanny is that if you set it up so that she's on a schedule, she only comes according to the schedule of the person who called. So, for example, if your mayor calls the nanny and has her come according to his schedule, the nanny will come even if his wife has a day off or something. Although it seems that it might work for you, now that I think about it! The nanny definitely helps -- she not only takes care of the baby, but in her downtime she cleans the house (and sometimes cooks).

I have babies all the time, but usually only hire a nanny if it's a single-parent household.

But what respectable child of a mayor and a news anchor wouldn't have a nanny?! ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I hated babies in The Sims 1, but I quite like them in 2. Nannies are definitely helpful. Although sometimes the kids really annoy me when they can't do stuff like getting their own dinner. They just stand there looking pathetic.

• Advertisement

SeekUp wrote: »
    The only thing that's annoying for me with the nanny is that if you set it up so that she's on a schedule, she only comes according to the schedule of the person who called. So, for example, if your mayor calls the nanny and has her come according to his schedule, the nanny will come even if his wife has a day off or something. Although it seems that it might work for you, now that I think about it! The nanny definitely helps -- she not only takes care of the baby, but in her downtime she cleans the house (and sometimes cooks).

I have babies all the time, but usually only hire a nanny if it's a single-parent household.

But what respectable child of a mayor and a news anchor wouldn't have a nanny?! ;)

Exactly! :p They'd be the talk and shame of the town if they didn't! :p

Is the nanny still an old biddy?

Is the nanny still an old biddy?

Of course!

It'd be cool if neighborhood teenagers could babysit though . . . earn some extra cash.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Of course!

It'd be cool if neighborhood teenagers could babysit though . . . earn some extra cash.

that would be a good idea yeah. would certainly ease any money worries i get from hiring a nanny the whole time :D

As crazy as it sounds......I don't know if I'd be comfortable letting a computer generated teenager mind my computer generated baby! :pac:

I must be going mad...maybe I need to back away from the Sims....

that would be a good idea yeah. would certainly ease any money worries i get from hiring a nanny the whole time :D

Right?!? It could be like when you hire an employee for a business -- they're paid based on the amount of experience they have. If you have a baby, maybe you want someone with more experience . . . but by the time they're a child, you just need someone in the house with them so the social worker doesn't come!

• Advertisement

I must be going mad...maybe I need to back away from the Sims....

Now that's just crazy talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

My nanny in Sims 3 isn't an old biddy. Think she's a young adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I like babies in sims 2. I don't play Sims3

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I always have kids when I play sims but I have stopped having more than one at toddler or baby stage in one household at the same time. One always ends up not getting enough attention. The nanny is a help but not always that good, I have had one completely ignoring a toddler when it desperately needed sleep and stuff like that. Plus, if I have more than one, she never puts them back in the right place, I know its not her fault but it annoys me

I think babies are a lot better than toddlers, actually. At least with toddlers they can kind of keep themselves occupied. I'd love, however, if there was some sort of mat or blanket or something that they can crawl to to take a nap, instead of someone having to put them in a crib. It drives me NUTS when there are about four adults going for the toddler at the same time to put them to sleep, and no one can get to the toddler, so (s)he just ends up cranky and passing out. And then the adults have ignored whatever it was that I told them to do!

I actually think it's fun sometimes to have as many babies as possible at one time and seeing how far it goes before my sims crack. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I think babies are a lot better than toddlers, actually. At least with toddlers they can kind of keep themselves occupied. I'd love, however, if there was some sort of mat or blanket or something that they can crawl to to take a nap, instead of someone having to put them in a crib. It drives me NUTS when there are about four adults going for the toddler at the same time to put them to sleep, and no one can get to the toddler, so (s)he just ends up cranky and passing out. And then the adults have ignored whatever it was that I told them to do!

I actually think it's fun sometimes to have as many babies as possible at one time and seeing how far it goes before my sims crack. :p

Yes yes and trice yes! It looks so cruel too when they just plonk the baby down on the floor! A playpen or a mat or mini cot would be better. And I wish the NPC's would never go near the kid! If the baby is tired even the neighbours try to put it to bed! GET AWAY FROM MY BABY OR I WILL KILL YOU! (in ever more sim-inventive ways!)
    I like to have as many kids as possible in the house (max 7 as you can only have 8 playable people per game) then I set them off against each other! :D

I have five toddlers at the moment......Holy Jesus it's hard. Having the babysitter/nanny only helps a little bit, they seem to only focus on or two children at a time, whereas my parent Sims are flying around the house, picking up kids left right and centre, bottles and toys everywhere.

It's given me such a headache!

Advertisement