Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchpad not working properly.... Help!

Options
  • 08-10-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Hope you can help me with this one because it's driving me mad.

The touch pad on my Compaq laptop is acting up, I can move the mouse pointer with it and the scroll bar is working but when i tap it to highlight or double tap to open a folder nothing happens. I've checked all the settings in the Mouse control panel and they all seem ok (according to a novice!).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

try reinstalling the drivers for it, they may have become corrupt. You will find them on the compaq site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Thanks, I don't really know what I'm doing but I'll give it a shot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Reinstalled drivers and all are up to date but still not working :mad:

Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

There are normally setting to control scrolling, tapping and the speed of each. If you look at the settings, does it make any difference if you change them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Open msconfig and make sure that any touchpad exe's are set to start automatically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement